gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 05:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  It all makes sense now ... Raleigh to make another anniversary Team Aero Pro
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: It all makes sense now ... Raleigh to make another anniversary Team Aero Pro  (Read 2881 times)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Well I put up a picture of a Raleigh repop kashi aero a few weeks ago and here's why they've been put into production....

It's talking about Tange so does that mean repop grips? Or a bloody Tange frame!!! ... or just a Tange headset ?

The Raleigh repop bikes have all been poor IMO  so at £500 I'm not getting excited ... I wonder if they had frames left over from the last anniversary run.

It's that double edged sword again ..

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Let's hope they do a decent job of it. Their efforts so far have been a little off. That boxfresh effort especially!
still waiting for the Vektar re-release  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
At 500 quid I'd say it'll be much like the last lot they did

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
They mugged off thousands in the 80s with some real shit machines, now they are doing it again! Just why the fook do you Raleigh boys keep supporting them?

Perhaps, if just once they showed some commitment to the sport, and brought out a real race machine, perhaps show just what the factory can produce. Instead of rubbing shit in the wounds of British BMX.
 :rant:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline welshv5er

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • 84 Ultra Burner & 85 Team Aero Pro Owner
  • Rated:
the build quality on the last ones they made was a real shocker.
i'll stick with my 2 originals  ;D

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
All the world needs , more Burners   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Hate all this repop sh!te, no need, just a cash in.

Some things never stopped production, ame tris, izumi chains, redline flights etc, fair do's, no need for the rest of it, tyres maybe.

monkian

Raleigh's Tange / Koizumi made frames were all great bikes and the AP & TAP were proper race bikes. If this new one has a Tange made frame, that could be cool :)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:

Some things never stopped production, ame tris, izumi chains, redline flights etc, fair do's, no need for the rest of it, tyres maybe.

Generally I'm with you Andy... As much as possible I'm an OG man all the way .. I'm not holding my breath on this one ... They are usually a disappointment  ::)

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:

Generally I'm with you Andy... As much as possible I'm an OG man all the way .. I'm not holding my breath on this one ... They are usually a disappointment  ::)

Don't see the attraction of this sort of thing, as there are many og AP's out there, spend twice as much(1k) would get you one, which would be worth what you paid for it, how much will you get for 1 of these in a years time? Everyone who wanted 1 has 1, so when you sell it no one wants it, so fook all.

My rider has non old school parts on it, these are blatantly new school parts, that's why I use them, they are not pretend old school.
Old school should be just that, old.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Don't see the attraction of this sort of thing, as there are many og AP's out there, spend twice as much(1k) would get you one, which would be worth what you paid for it, how much will you get for 1 of these in a years time? Everyone who wanted 1 has 1, so when you sell it no one wants it, so fook all.

My rider has non old school parts on it, these are blatantly new school parts, that's why I use them, they are not pretend old school.
Old school should be just that, old.

Totally agree, Personally I'm all for re-pop pad sets decals &  (plastic / rubber) based items that are quite perishable such as grips tyres etc , but theres no excuse for re popping frames forks & bars...

griff

It's bound to be awesome, just look at the amazing job they did with the Chopper

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
It's bound to be awesome, just look at the amazing job they did with the Chopper

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  It all makes sense now ... Raleigh to make another anniversary Team Aero Pro

gfxgfx
gfx gfx