gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 30, 2024, 11:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  old school a Facebook group,any facebook users?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: old school a Facebook group,any facebook users?  (Read 12270 times)

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: old school a Facebook group,any facebook users?
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 11:47 PM »
Tbh I'm not on Facebook but I've had the same happen on here to me

There's c**ts everywhere, even on here but some people are immune to it happening on here and don't want to admit to it happening.

It's popped up a few times and there's various threads but that's what puts newbies off coming on here.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 11:36 AM »
The post on which you commented was a sales post for a skyway ta.
You posted in the comments saying you had a TA for sale, you then replied to a request for pictures with a picture and a price of £2400.
Three members complained at you for doing so including the person who's sales post it was.
You was then asked to not hijack a sales post and if you was selling your bike to start your own thread - a perfectly reasonable request.
If that's not hijacking I don't know what is?
listen and listen good,i started my post by saying I wasn't trying to hijack the thread and IF IT OFFENDED ANYBODY I WOULD REMOVE IT,what is so difficult to understand about that???here on RAD quite often people will jump on somebody elses for sales thread,nobody has a problem with it here but obviously the newbies have their own rules and having been an old school collector for 10 years now i didn't realise that this was the case as i am clearly not qualified enough in old school bmx,so once again I will apologise and if you hadn't noticed I removed it within an hour of posting,if you had actually stopped bitching about it and stopped to look at my bike and the parts on it you would have realised that it was better than anything you normally see in that place,far far better than the advertised one which you lot were all w@nking over and at a sensible price in comparison.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:50 AM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Gra_goose

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 11:51 AM »
Listen and listen good, who on earth do you think you are?
How about you listen...
You said if it offended then you would remove it which you did - agreed.
3 people moaned out of 15000 and you're now crying your eyes out about it on a forum?
It's a pretty sad world when three people upset you and you need to stamp your feet and make such a fuss over it.
Just shrug your shoulders and move on, worst case just block them.
No need to post up and try stir up / generate trouble over an issue which you was part of in the first place.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 11:53 AM »
thats what really annoys me about the facebookers,no respect for time served blokes like myself,does my head in

:LolLolLolLol:
don't get whats funny about that mate,people like myself have been here years,have a wealth of knowledge are only to happy to help and have a stash of bikes and parts that a lot of people would love
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 11:57 AM »
Listen and listen good, who on earth do you think you are?
How about you listen...
You said if it offended then you would remove it which you did - agreed.
3 people moaned out of 15000 and you're now crying your eyes out about it on a forum?
It's a pretty sad world when three people upset you and you need to stamp your feet and make such a fuss over it.
Just shrug your shoulders and move on, worst case just block them.
No need to post up and try stir up / generate trouble over an issue which you was part of in the first place.

if that's the case then why did people start bitching about it in the first place?i was shouted down and ridiculed in that hour,not really friendly is it??but don't worry I wont go there again so you wont have to worry about me
actually ive just been over there and im banned :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:01 PM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Gra_goose

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 12:05 PM »
Then that's fine.
The person who's post it was is granted a noob, one of the people who commented would be well known by all for a response like that, the other person I cannot speak for.
Just smile and move on, it's not worth even getting into over one post.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 12:09 PM »
Then that's fine.
The person who's post it was is granted a noob, one of the people who commented would be well known by all for a response like that, the other person I cannot speak for. :crazy2:

That's that then Mark, let's move on
Oh and if you Get anywhere near my sale posts hijacking with your clown bikes I gonna punch you in your fake tits
Il knock the fake tan off your Chevy chase
 :crazy2:

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2016, 12:11 PM »
For the most part I've found it ok but recently the trolling has got pretty bad. I saw the mentioned TA post and as usual it was an overreaction so common on Facebook IMO, but we've had those kinds of things on Rad over the years too, and you see it happen so often on other forums when the 'internet experts' chime in. I recently pulled a new for sale post on that page cos it started to get trolled by users who clearly don't read the fecking description - they're just out to troll anything & everything and be OS smartarses which is what spoils the general goodwill.

There's more respect on this forum than on FB   fistblump

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2016, 12:15 PM »
Then that's fine.
The person who's post it was is granted a noob, one of the people who commented would be well known by all for a response like that, the other person I cannot speak for. :crazy2:

That's that then Mark, let's move on
Oh and if you Get anywhere near my sale posts hijacking with your clown bikes I gonna punch you in your fake tits
Il knock the fake tan off your Chevy chase
 :crazy2:
gonna hit you with my handbag dave :2funny:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline vestanpance

• Curb Endo
  • Bollocks.
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2016, 12:42 PM »
thats what really annoys me about the facebookers,no respect for time served blokes like myself,does my head in

don't get whats funny about that mate,people like myself have been here years,have a wealth of knowledge are only to happy to help and have a stash of bikes and parts that a lot of people would love

Oh how I wish I could be time served with lot's of lovely bikes & parts.
Please accept my apologies for dirtying your wonderful world.
I said 'machine, why are we here?'
And it paused and said 'to play video games and drink beer'

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2016, 01:00 PM »

you bud have just proved my point,thanks
im not asking people to bow down,just show some respect like I have always tried to show here weather its towards noobs or long time collectors,we are all in the same hobby,you never know when you might need someones help
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:03 PM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline vestanpance

• Curb Endo
  • Bollocks.
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 01:10 PM »

im not asking people to bow down,just show some respect like I have always tried to show here weather its towards noobs or long time collectors,we are all in the same hobby,you never know when you might need someones help

That's fair enough, in my opinion your original post did come across as very self important, probably not intentional though?  ;)
I said 'machine, why are we here?'
And it paused and said 'to play video games and drink beer'

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2016, 01:32 PM »

That's fair enough, in my opinion your original post did come across as very self important, probably not intentional though?  ;)

correct!! peace bro ;)
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2016, 05:25 PM »
I would just like to add that its not limited to the Life page. Today the banter on the Rad FB page has been cringe worthy as well. A bunch of grown men crying and fighting about raffles... I would love to see all these people in a room together discussing the same topics.

Happy new year everyone!
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Using terms like 'noob' in a derogetory way and people claiming to be 'time-served' and, supposedly, more worthty is just the kind of attitude that leads people to remain lurkers and not participate. However, who does not like a bit of an internet handbags at dawn! Truth is you need a bit of spice every now and again, just be careful not to alienate.

Regarding facebook: I have no idea, I have an account, one I made for a project I was leading but that is about it. Part of me feels I should get on there as it keeps coming up that that is where the parts scene is; I just can not face it at the moment! To be honest I have done quite well on here where parts are concerned but then again I buy for projects and not to flip.
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Im totally pissed off with all the bickering , people revelling in negativity and the whole scene in general . If it wasn't for the rides out and meeting up at things like Carl's Xmas bash the other night i think i would be close to calling it a day  :( 

If only people would channel their enthusiasm for getting involved in shite like that and instead contribute to this site more in a positive manner im sure it would be better for everyone , newbies and old members alike  ;) :daumenhoch:

Oh ....... and a very Happy New Year to you all  :4_17_5:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 04:56 PM »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Check out my anarchic skyways😃😃😃😃😝
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2017, 05:41 PM »
Im totally pissed off with all the bickering , people revelling in negativity and the whole scene in general . If it wasn't for the rides out and meeting up at things like Carl's Xmas bash the other night i think i would be close to calling it a day  :( 

If only people would channel their enthusiasm for getting involved in shite like that and instead contribute to this site more in a positive manner im sure it would be better for everyone , newbies and old members alike  ;) :daumenhoch:

I try to ignore it all, and to not get too involved. Just of think of Carl's the other night/the rides/MK which show there's still a great bunch of people still in the scene, regardless of which forum/facebook page/group(s)  they're on.

Happy new year Joff and everyone else

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2017, 05:54 PM »

I try to ignore it all, and to not get too involved. Just of think of Carl's the other night/the rides/MK which show there's still a great bunch of people still in the scene, regardless of which forum/facebook page/group(s)  they're on.

Happy new year Joff and everyone else

I think that's the problem Andy , i don't think i could ever walkaway as i have met too many great people through BMX (mainly through the RAD site) . People i class now as really good mates and not merely 'Internet friends' as my good lady likes to call you  ::) :D 

WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2017, 06:38 PM »

There's too many knob jockeys in this hobby now who speak down to people and think they know it all.

I'm quite happy now just sitting in the background and just turning up for the rides & MK.

Ride it like its stolen

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2017, 11:43 PM »
I'm totally with Norty & Gish's recent posts. I've been so close to just saying 'fook it all' for the last few months, selling everything but my bike from bitd that I'm still fortunate enough to own (and will never ever part with) and a few of the more iconic  parts (to me) that I've been fortunate enough to amass over the more recent past.

I got back into my old school bmx in the first few years of this century (I'm not trying to show off with time served and all that bollox, just explain) and found this site shortly after, it was just transitioning from it's old original format to one more like the current format. The point is, I've always been a 'lurker', never posting too much (for gods sake look at my total post count - most post more in a year than I've amassed in all my time here), rather (in those days) just enjoying reading the threads and associated banter in those threads, checking out some of the most amazing builds, buying a few great parts, respecting the knowledge, and chipping in if there was ever any relevant advise I could provide to another like minded person requiring some input etc.

Over the years there have been some seriously knowledgeable and skilful people involved with this forum, still quite a few around, but loads have unfortunately moved on for whatever reasons. Some probably just wanting new interests etc etc I'm sure, but I'm equally sure some for reasons such as: fed up with flipping, being ripped off by paying good money for incorrectly advertised and 'artistically' presented parts, arseholes stitching you up with repo stuff etc, but I'm also sure quite a few as a result of this sort of negativity shat.

Some of those guys back then (and a good few still now) were, and are, absolute encyclopaedia's when it came/comes to certain aspects of our hobby. More importantly they're also the ones that are usually only too glad to provide some of that knowledge when we ask some of our dumb questions. We should all try a damn sight harder to be a hell of a lot more respectful to each other, especially here boys - for fooks sake we may love our youth but we're meant to be grown men, not having playground tantrums  - just because we love our bikes from an era when we were of that age range. Moreover, think of the whole bunch of guys that put all the effort in (mainly unrewarded) to keep this site running - I'm sure I'm not alone in panicking when the site's down for the odd maintenance session - thinking 'oh christ, it's not a '13 crash again is it? And the same bunch of guys (and a few good others) that selflessly put their time effort and more into giving us MK each year - come on, show them more respect, I'm sure it cut's them to see too much of this shat, I bet you anything it's not why they put in all the effort they do for us.

True, I also don't participate in ride outs etc (so shout me down for that if you like), but that's just me, more from shyness/not wanting to be 'billy no mates' in the corner kind of thing (yeah my own fault I know), but the reality I've come to realise is I'm basically persisting for now mainly for three reasons:

1. I fooking love my old school bmx, have done since the autumn of 80 (and will do until the day i die) when my rich friend's dad brought him a goose back from a trip to the usa, and that christmas my parents got me a pos catalogue Dirt Burner - didn't matter to me, loved that thing.
2. The eternal hope for finally finding the last few parts for my current build, and also having an absolute unwavering drive to build a 1980 candy blue team goose
3. Ever the eternal optimist of hoping this current bitchy bullshite will end one day soon and the site will get back to 'better days' once more.

I do think the scene has changed massively in the past few years, and face bollox definitely has a little to do with that. But we have to look at ourselves too sometimes. (as an example) So what if someone doesn't want to keep their build survivor ffs. if they want to strip it, repaint/rechrome it etc, it's their blo0dy choice. Don't shout them down for it. I find it quite ironic, some of those guys that do this (as one little example of many points that come to mind) are the same ones who themselves did this many times over 6-7 and a few more years back. But nowadays, god help you if you don't leave your build looking like a rusty piece of decaying shit, you're a heaven, and christ don't you get told it. Other scenes can be more tolerant, why can't we?

So, rant over, but come on guys, try to respect each other a little more, the people that put all the hard work in so we can have this site/MK/and the rides etc so many of you enjoy, but most of all have a blo@dy great 2107.

Oh yeah, and if I can provide any advice for anyone starting to get pissed with what some random stranger (or strangers) may comment, that you'll probably never meet etc. When they do that, try rolling a big one, take a big lug, lean back, say fook it, giggle to yourself, and get on with your own shite, with the ones that you do get on with and care about. Well it works for me anyway  ;D

Now, don't be too harsh on me boys - I promise I won't chime in again, oh and keep it  :radbmxsmilie:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2017, 08:17 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he Said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ fistblump explosion :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

In2bmx

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2017, 09:24 AM »
What's the Life page ?    Pond Life ?  ;D

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2017, 09:37 AM »
Yeah fook it boys... just roll a fat one and let it slide.  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:16 AM by CustardLips »
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  old school a Facebook group,any facebook users?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx