gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 18, 2024, 11:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Padsets
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Padsets  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Padsets
« on: January 20, 2017, 05:03 AM »
So I've slowly been accruing some padsets to run on the race bike for a bit of fun.
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or any to look out for that are a bit different?

Currently have
-Odyssey Lumberjacks
-Bomber's in Gold/Magenta
-Curtis branded ones (going to have a few more made in different colours)
-S&Ms
-Flite's (just the repops), one being the Union Jack and the other being Silver with the trucker lady.

I'm trying to build up a bit of a collection to have some fun at races, so anything from common to different is appreciated.
Already contemplating some more from Bomber if different designs show up.
For example, I know there used to be some that were spiky, and I'm sure there's leopard prints and Fluffy ones etc out there, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: Padsets
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:06 AM »
I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline torkerdude180

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 12:09 PM »
I have a set of og LANDAR pads in the team raleigh colours... sadly not for sale tho...
 :smitten:
THE TIGER

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 07:45 AM »
haha, Ill have to get some pics up of them in the next few days

Found out the brand of the spiky ones, "The Big Cheese"
borrowed a set of the shorter spiked versions from a mate.
certainly had a few interesting comments from people about them.

Well came across another few brands that i'll be looking at and a few others that seem to have some interesting designs. (Snafu, ATI, and theres a few more from Flite and Bomber)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:20 AM by Drawn »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:10 AM »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:21 AM »
OK so have a picture of the sets so far. The Big Cheese ones aren't mine as said previously, borrowed them off a mate. We are going to go through his stash and see what others I can borrow for some fun.
Did get a fair few people enjoying spotting the different set up each day and that knew of the history of them (we had an event that did 6 Races within 9 days so the kids were stoked to see something different so often)

As you can possibly see, the Curtis crossbar pad is starting to peel, so in the process of getting some made up, going to test out a way and if it works then might end up making a few of them to match jersey colours etc. I have asked Gary at Curtis about it and as they don't make them, was happy for them to be made.
Have to admit, the Union Jack ones looked sweet, Matched it to a jersey with the same colours and it really goes well.

Those US line ones looks good, might have to add them to the collection  :daumenhoch:
Did find a set of ATI Camo sets that worked out to about $5, cant go past that.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:25 PM »
Nice selection! Those US Line ones have now sold by the looks of it, so hope it was you who snagged 'em! :daumenhoch:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 10:45 PM »
I have a set of og LANDAR pads in the team raleigh colours... sadly not for sale tho...

Look surprisingly good those  :daumenhoch:

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 05:19 AM »
Nice selection! Those US Line ones have now sold by the looks of it, so hope it was you who snagged 'em! :daumenhoch:

yeah it was.
weighed it up and went "why not". something a bit different that adds to the line up.
Hopefully will get a few pictures over time with the pads on the bikes, really does give a different vibe with the different styles.

Just also need to add to the jerseys to match to the pads  :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:39 AM by Drawn »

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 08:01 AM »

And why not... I've got a thing for collecting race plates at the minute.   :daumenhoch:

Landar pad set...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132070091664

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Those Landar pads really scream the eighties to me! :D

yeah it was. weighed it up and went "why not". something a bit different that adds to the line up.

Good work! :daumenhoch:

Offline torkerdude180

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 11:57 AM »

And why not... I've got a thing for collecting race plates at the minute.   :daumenhoch:

Landar pad set...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132070091664
Iv noticed young nick. That black plate..... arrgh.. i just missed out on that... cool things to collect really. Hung up on the wall...
THE TIGER

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Those Landar ones looks nice, but yeah definitely very 80s haha.
just a shame about the postage side of things otherwise would be all over them.

Still need to see what other ones I can borrow off a mate, if there are more ones along the lines of the big cheese oens, it could get interesting.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Padsets

gfxgfx
gfx gfx