gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 07:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Early OOs FBM Angel of Death
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Early OOs FBM Angel of Death  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Hellchops

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Early OOs FBM Angel of Death
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:08 AM »
This is my FBM Angel of Death, I believe it be a 2001 model. I recently got my hands on the bike after owning it briefly around 2006. At the time, it already seemed pretty retro to me - too old and 'dated' compared to the Autopilot or PW Moto that I was riding at the time. I got it as a frame and decided to build it up with with period parts as near as possible, without spending much money and using what I had lying around. This is how I built it then (the previous owner painted it the dark metallic grey, originally battleship grey).

In the workstand

I wish I had this rim now!

Shortly after this, a good friend wanted to get back into riding and wasn't 'into' the new school bikes. I sold the AOD to him on the condition that he'd offer back to me if he ever wanted to sell it. We had a few sessions, but he drifted away again and I didn't see him for years!

Skip to 2017, I was on holiday in SA and visited Milan on my last day over there. He sees I'm wearing my AOD tee and casually brings up that his is in the loft! At this point (10yrs down the line) I had forgotten the condition that I had set out when I sold it to him (I'm not that serious a person) and I asked if he'd sell it. He said yes and explained what we'd agreed over a decade ago, I almost couldn't believe it. He charged me what I charged him, with no inflation ;)

Beach shot  :coolsmiley:

It was missing wheels and a fork, but pretty much everything else was there!

It's been like this since I got back from SA at the end of December. I've sourced:
Primo Rod
Pair of NOS Hula Hoop/Primo Pro wheels
14mm Pitchfork

All I need is some tyres, ideally a 1.85 Wall or V-Monster for the rear and a 2.1 V-Monster for the front. I'm going to ask SBD if he'll paint it black for me and I'll get some new decals for it. It should turn out really well!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Early OOs FBM Angel of Death
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:33 AM »
Love it! Very cool story around it too, will look awesome built up  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 10:26 PM »
Nice one... must be nice gettin your hands back on your old bike. Look forward to seeing you put this back together.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 10:48 PM »
SBD will do a top job.
Love an AOD

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:32 AM »
Nice story and nice project...look forward to seeing it develop...
Some V monsters here...dunno if you wanted all black or skinwall

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/170363

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/181454
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:34 AM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Nice ride man  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Early OOs FBM Angel of Death

gfxgfx
gfx gfx