gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 12:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Howdy - vintage content
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Howdy - vintage content  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Laz

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Howdy - vintage content
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:13 AM »
Hi, sorry in advance for the ramble..

I haven't ridden a BMX in years. I used to many years ago but I became a wuss and started riding mountain bikes instead. I've always liked a small hardtail bike and have had 24" wheels for the last ten years but some of the stuff I did on 20s makes me wince now.

In the late 90's (before I wussed out) my brothers mate had a nearly new GT Bump and I really liked it at the time. So when I happened across one just like it very cheap a little while back I had to have it. I'll be getting it up and running for the summer so I can take to a few local pump tracks and jump spots and maybe break some more bones.

Anyway, while digging about in the garage for some perished maxx daddies or whatever other obsolete crap may be laying about I found (most of) my last BMX, a looptail PK Ripper. Now I knew when I was riding it years ago it was a decent bike but it's been around so long I just never really gave it much attention, it was just what I rode. Now, fact is I won't ride it again, it's older and weaker, I'm older and heavier..  And I'm certainly not the sort to hang machinery on a wall, things that were built to be used should be used, not polished. So I either leave it there or sell it and as I live in the real world with bills and crap (I wish I didn't) I guess I'll sell it. So I'll be digging around on here looking for advice on what to do with it. 

See ya round the bend.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Howdy - vintage content
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum dude  :daumenhoch:
What year is the GT Bump? get some pics up. Loads of knowledge on here and loads of old fookers still ridin  :LolLolLolLol:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Laz

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:42 AM »
Thanks man.

GT, not sure, 99 maybe? I can't even remember what year it was I rode my brothers mates one.

It has the same paint job as this: But it's a bit different, my front wheel's radial for a start.

When I get a chance I drag it out and take some photos.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 01:03 AM »
Looks cool...parts on yours have probably been changed out over the years, are you going to bring it back to original or thrash it? or both?!
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Laz

• Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:45 AM »
Yeah I love the 70's style paint job, very different to the Dyno's and stuff of the time. I'll get it mechanically good and just thrash it and see how long I last!

It's tatty all over so to make it nice would mean new paint, chrome, stickers etc and then I wouldn't want to ride it in case it got dinged.

I'm not in to polishing or collecting things for the sake of it really. I like things to look good but not if it gets in the way of using them. I've got all sorts of old/classic stuff but it gets used, it just happens to be old.

That's my quandary with the SE. If I rode it I would break it. I don't want to sell it but if I can't use it then it really has to go.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 08:36 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie:  :daumenhoch:

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated: