gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975498 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 05:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  POWERLITE FS PRO RIDER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: POWERLITE FS PRO RIDER  (Read 2060 times)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
POWERLITE FS PRO RIDER
« on: March 01, 2017, 08:07 PM »
I saw this bike a while ago on ebay, I even put a thread up on here with the link as I thought it would make a nice, cheap rider for someone. I watched it getting relisted week after week and the more I looked at it the more I liked it! I was a bit skint and it was a bit further away than I could be arsed to travel but eventually the moons collided and I was able to get it delivered by the sellers mate who is a courier. I am now the proud owner of a 1996 Powerlite FS pro....my first foray into mid skool! nice to have brakes that work!!
here it is as I got it...

As you can see a few tweaks were in order.....started with a good polish and fitted some griptape and essential VSW sticker!
I got hold of some Primo V monsters before I got the bike (thanks again Spen) and wasted no time in fitting them as I couldn't bear looking at it with comp 3's! Also fitted a Selle Italia turbo (thanks Rob Pickle for heads up) then took it to my mates for a few adjustments including new brake pads and here it is now...I reckon it looks loads better!

just need to get a BB and peds then fit some nice 3 piece cranks I got hold of and she is ready for summer. Also need to do something about the rims as they are flaking badly and affecting the braking... all in all though I am pretty stoked, it is perfect as a rider..also has a 20.5" top tube.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:04 PM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: POWERLITE FS PRO RIDER
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:02 PM »
That's a really nice rider Damo!  :daumenhoch:   The chrome looks mint too. These levers are Tech77 locking levers? I like the fact it has a Gyro.  ^"^

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 10:09 PM »
That's a really nice rider Damo!  :daumenhoch:   The chrome looks mint too. These levers are Tech77 locking levers? I like the fact it has a Gyro.  ^"^

Thanks Andy, yea they are tech 77 lockers. And yes it's a SST ORYG gyro which I am pleased about too. I think it was a complete...looks fairly original. Full Chromo frame, AD 990's, Araya super 7x, pretty much powerlite/GT the rest. made in USA too. The chrome is near mint, only a few small scars. I am looking forward to riding it this year, something I can mess around on without worrying !!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 10:26 PM »
" I am looking forward to riding it this year, something I can mess around on without worrying !!  :daumenhoch:  "

...then don't start making it as nice as usual!  :laugh:  ...it looks great anyway. Any ideas yet how you will sort the rims?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:48 PM by Andyboy77 »

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 11:57 PM »
" I am looking forward to riding it this year, something I can mess around on without worrying !!  :daumenhoch:  "

...then don't start making it as nice as usual!  :laugh:  ...it looks great anyway. Any ideas yet how you will sort the rims?

haha don't worry....only parts I didn't like will be changed! even a rider has to be right! the tyres HAD to go, I didn't like the seat. The opc is a nasty looking one so swapping for 3 piece. Will probably change the grips too and add pegs. hmmm...not keen on the seatclamp too... :-\

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 12:30 AM »
Yep! Even a rider has to be right. ..and the tires weren't an eye candy. The new seat looks also sooo much better. I like the look of the surface of that seat. Bet it feels nice too  ^"^ .
The seat clamp looks fine to me. If it keeps the seat post in place, I'd keep it. Maybe the double bold seat clamp comes in handy when you ride the crap out of that thing.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:33 AM »
That's rad! A forgotten mid gem  :daumenhoch: please think of me if you ever want to get shot of the bars, been looking for some!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Best bars ever made! And the only bars I'd use bk then, couldn't beat they way they felt and looked the nuts!
Mid school baby!!

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 08:33 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  POWERLITE FS PRO RIDER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx