gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 12:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  WeThePeople Omen ID.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WeThePeople Omen ID.  (Read 3826 times)

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
WeThePeople Omen ID.
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:10 PM »
So. I picked up a WTP Omen frame not so long ago. I shouldn't be picking up any frames. I still have 4 of my own frames still to restore but I was talking with another collector a while back and I did say, if something nice and a little unusual came along for the right money, I'd have a go. One of the frames that fit that criteria was a Josh Heino signature Omen frame.

So I got one but a sub-clause in my own rule book was that it would have to be one of the MAAS made (US made) Frames. I've messaged WTP and had responses but they've been far from definitive when it came to identifying the one I got. Do any of you guys have any clues about the different variations?

All I have got to go on at the moment is the fact that it doesn't have a top tube gusset, the brake stop under the top tube is a post and not a plate and allegedly, blow holes in the chainstay and seatstay bridge.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: WeThePeople Omen ID.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Nice frame either way  :daumenhoch: is there any serial numbers inside the dropouts?
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:28 PM »
Not on the dropouts. On the BB shell. OMEN2075 (length I assume) and CIC24H1702. I think I'm going to have to contact Stefan Prantl (spelling?) as the kids running WTP these days wouldn't know one end of a Pony from the other!  ;D

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 02:47 PM »
That's an overseas (taiwan) frame, the CIC part of the serial is the factory it's made in. Loads of frames made by them inc. Hoffman  :daumenhoch:

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 02:56 PM »
Damn it!  ;D

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 03:02 PM »
US made or not that's still a very rad frame, and rare if that's your thing  :daumenhoch: Let me know if you ever want to let it go!

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 03:05 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  WeThePeople Omen ID.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx