gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975502 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 03:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Ride On Beast Ramps Manchester April 1st
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ride On Beast Ramps Manchester April 1st  (Read 4415 times)

griff

Re: Ride On Beast Ramps Manchester April 1st
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 08:36 PM »
diplomatic the faith  fistblump

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 09:29 PM »
Well having spoken to Jon Cong he thought that there was mostly over 30s there ... so maybe because there's 15 years between us then they look like kids to me.

I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Lenny-Lentini

• BMX Legend
  • Cherry Picker
  • New Man Ting Productions
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 09:59 PM »
you ain't a badman, you live with your nan

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Was a touch busy, but i still managed to have a good roll around without feeling too stupid. Look forward to the next ramp night, wherever it may be  :daumenhoch:

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 08:24 PM »
Man I nearly came aswell,  bike ready, bag packed , car fuelled , if is was for me falling asleep on the sofa and not waking up till after 8.
For £12 I would have expect something special, so glad I  missed it then .
shame on the bad vibes . At least I got to watch PJ and Duncan  :crybaby:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36 PM »
"bike ready"  :LolLolLolLol:       fookin 3 stone and four inch  o dust on mine ,        :LolLolLolLol:     pensioners have been slacking i'm sorry to say :-[   :LolLolLolLol:

tbh myself and  the afformentioned moaning Wadz  ;D    have got the same sort of vibe from the Ride On nights,

now being nooooortheners we don't give a fook n were riding but there were a few less confident riders who were not ,  it can  put people off, the vibe at rad night is a lot more relaxed and encourages less confident riders to take part.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:50 PM by oldtired »

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 12:31 PM »
to put this straight here's how I see it after a few days ...

There were no bad vibes ... I got in the door and before I'd even made it as far as the ramps Neil had come up to me. He was obviously a man with something to say about the date of MK, about the forum looking 'tired' & about how the Legends shouldn't be going to MK  ... in fariness to him, his timing was out ... I was injured / just travelled 2 hours / paid £12 / didn't look like I was getting a ride as, to my mind, it was busy. What Waddy had to say wasn't really what I wanted or needed to hear at that time. Another time I would happily have argued it all out with him as, while I could see his side, I thought he was dead wrong ... but I'd come to ride not argue ... so that was the only issue and it was a personal one ... not a general vibe. Everybody we met there was cool as fook...

Based on the numbers down to attend on the Facebook page I was expecting about 20 plus the few fellas from RAD ... there were at least 40 ... Jon Cong tells me that most were aged about 30 ... they looked young to me ... there was some really good riders in there and it was hard to get a ride in until the last hour when it chilled out a bit.

Having spoken to Neil Munford and Len after I realise that we are spolit on the rides we organise ... theres usually 15 ... max 20 and we all get to ride and ride A LOT ... the standard of rider skill is much lower and we all help each other out ... its a different deal and we should not have gone with the expectation that it would be an 'oldies' night like our Oldies nights ... Waddy runs a differnet but none less valid approach.

:daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:27 PM by ED209 »

Dylan Thomas

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Good vibes  :daumenhoch:

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 09:57 PM »
I enjoyed it but  preferred the good old days of the Northwest ramp nights, I assume some of the guys were almost 30 so we are not far off 20 years older than them!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2017, 06:23 AM »
I enjoyed it but  preferred the good old days of the Northwest ramp nights, I assume some of the guys were almost 30 so we are not far off 20 years older than them!

agreed on both points Paul.

The Blackpool nights used to be well worth the drive ... Diggler flying around racer style ... Kappy on his Dynorod bike doing his wheel stands ... even Jaymz riding a bike!

Dylan Thomas

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Can't believe I missed this ... :tickedoff: :rant:

it's been so long since I rode , I always nip on here from time to time to see if anything has been organised, I miss the  :radbmxsmilie:  nights at blackpool and leyland  :-\
 I agree the ride-on dates are too busy and intimidating for me to enjoy  ......surely we can cobble together 10 of us to get together again ?
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 07:56 PM »
I would be up for leyland.

Offline Waddy

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Fellas,

Firstly Im sorry that you didn't enjoy the session. Many of you are my good friends and the whole point of the Ride On Sessions is to get together and have fun. Obviously, for some of you, we failed on this occasion.

We want to run the event at the UKs best parks and to do this we have to agree a minimum income for them. Sometimes we don't get enough riders and I personally have to make up the difference so Im always keen to get good numbers through the door. (BTW - I think £12 for 3 hours of fun is by no means steep).

This event was also tied into the UK Park and Vert series (which was happening on the same weekend) which we really want to support as it encourages riders at the grass roots level of BMX. This coupled with the costs that we had to cover on the night led to us allowing some younger riders in. Im sorry if this spoilt your night.

My starting point of the Ride On sessions was to create an event where older riders could have a pedal without some 15 year old doing flips over their heads. Again, Im sorry if this was not the vibe in Manchester.

However, Im also keen that the older guard of BMX don't completely detach from the sport and navel gaze themselves into some weird inward looking cult. Hence my frustration at Vans sending a lorry load of US stars to MK when they could be better used to boast interest in events for the younger crowd (The UK Park and Vert series is happening on the exact same weekend as MK in southsea - Imagine the impact on  the young riders having the Condor there would make!!). This was what I expressed to Ed + LL and by my own admission, this was not the time or the place.

Anyway, we really want the Ride On sessions to work for you so please message me (Im on Facebook) with suggestions, thoughts, complaints etc and I'll do what I can.

Cheers and Ride On

Waddy.

PS - I Love you Lenny

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 11:09 AM »
I've spoken to Waddy and sorted things out  :daumenhoch:

The scene is too small for beef ... lets just ride  fistblump

Dylan Thomas

Offline poorboyee

• Curb Endo
  • dragos says always wear a helmet
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2017, 08:36 PM »
these are the sessions I miss....WAKEFIELD/REHAB :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Ride On Beast Ramps Manchester April 1st

gfxgfx
gfx gfx