gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 08:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Need to know what forks will fit my Vincent Airzone.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Need to know what forks will fit my Vincent Airzone.  (Read 2225 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Need to know what forks will fit my Vincent Airzone.
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:02 AM »
I need some advice as to what alternative forks that will have sufficient thread to  fit my Airzone? I have fitted some Tange Tx500 as a stand-in, but they do not have sufficient thread to fit the locking nut, hence the do not look good on the bike. I threw my Vincent forks in te skip in the early 90's, but luckily the batterd frame was spared and left in the shed.I will never find Vincent forks, So I'm looking for a suitable alternative. Any info would be much appreciated. Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
Re: Need to know what forks will fit my Vincent Airzone.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:11 PM »
Hiya Steve, seem to remember someone else having the same problem. Can't recall what the answer was, let's see if my brain sorts something out......
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 05:49 PM »
Hiya Steve, seem to remember someone else having the same problem. Can't recall what the answer was, let's see if my brain sorts something out......
Nice one, I'm struggling myself. Any help will be much appreciated.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

rodriguez

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 01:23 AM »
There's a fella who builds bespoke BMX stuff, frames, forks, bars etc who could probably make you a set I've seen his stuff on a well known social networking site.

I think this is his site   :daumenhoch:

http://limitfabrications.co.uk/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:25 AM by rodriguez »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:43 AM »
Any chance of a pic of your headset as installed?  Just that AceFto on here is building a midscool bike has the opposite problem and was going to suggest you both swap your top race over to see if his gives you enough threads to get the lock-nut on? Tange ones for instance are high and often have a locking nut integrated into the top race to enable you to get a spanner on, but a cheaper Halfords type might be recessed down to let you thread the locking nut on without a washer ???

Put a pic us of what you have installed and let's see how many millimeters you are looking to reduce it by to get the lock-nut on :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 12:54 PM »
There's a fella who builds bespoke BMX stuff, frames, forks, bars etc who could probably make you a set I've seen his stuff on a well known social networking site.

I think this is his site   :daumenhoch:

http://limitfabrications.co.uk/
Many thanks. vincent restored my farm a few years back. I asked for new forks, but they had /have no plans to make sets.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 01:03 PM »
Any chance of a pic of your headset as installed?  Just that AceFto on here is building a midscool bike has the opposite problem and was going to suggest you both swap your top race over to see if his gives you enough threads to get the lock-nut on? Tange ones for instance are high and often have a locking nut integrated into the top race to enable you to get a spanner on, but a cheaper Halfords type might be recessed down to let you thread the locking nut on without a washer ???

Put a pic us of what you have installed and let's see how many millimeters you are looking to reduce it by to get the lock-nut on :coolsmiley:
[/quotei Many thanks for the reply, i will get a few decent pics of my of the dodgy headset  and fork set-up on Saturday  morning and post also em up on Saturday morning. Steve.

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 01:05 PM »
Can you measure your current thread depth and start/finish? I'll have some Tange Max-flo forks coming up soon, might be bigger?
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Can you measure your current thread depth and start/finish? I'll have some Tange Max-flo forks coming up soon, might be bigger?
Many thanks for getting back to my post, I'm in Devon chilling at the moment, but will be back for the weekend. I will measure the thread and get back to you on Sat. Cheers, Steve.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 04:46 PM »
My brains still not playing 😖

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 10:19 AM »
What headset are you using as you probably need something like an MX2 with a low stack height.  Some of the newer repro headsets have quite high stack heights.  Steer clear of the MX3/MX4 or GT Epoch type headsets as they do have a high stack height.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 08:23 AM »
What headset are you using as you probably need something like an MX2 with a low stack height.  Some of the newer repro headsets have quite high stack heights.  Steer clear of the MX3/MX4 or GT Epoch type headsets as they do have a high stack height.
finally got a free day to strip the forks off and check the headset stack and do a few measurements. The headset will definitely be replaced is it is just a crappy cheap one.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Need to know what forks will fit my Vincent Airzone.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx