gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 07:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  acs graphites
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: acs graphites  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
acs graphites
« on: March 31, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Well I fooked up..
Used what I thought would work on these rims a plastic type paint on these bloody expensive stencils from USA..
The pic does state I am GRAP AT IT..
Took a age to prep for paint..
Plan B.. ::) DEL :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:41 PM by Ady »
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: acs graphites
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Your last ones (those on your newer Haro) turned out fantastic. Couldn't you use the same procedure on these graphite ones?  ???
You are a master on restoring Z's mate - ...hope you'll get it sorted!  fistblump

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Ive got a set of mike buffs no chance of getting stencils tried everywhere  even tried having them laser etched but they melted luckily tried on inside of rim first

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 05:13 PM »
The normal Z rims are plastic with much thicker lettering.
These are much more detailed and thinner lettering and the very porous surface to attach too being graphite.
I did prep the surface for the paint adhere too so going stick on type decal as I cannot be arsed now.. :D
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 05:21 PM »
Ive got a set of mike buffs no chance of getting stencils tried everywhere  even tried having them laser etched but they melted luckily tried on inside of rim first

You could bleach them with hair products and UV from the sun.
I did a set off M Buffs and they came up super white and then got standard decals from Del.
You could go down that route mate.. :daumenhoch:

I did try Del at First for Graphite stencils but he didn't do them .
When they arrived I sent off a few scans and pics of the original decals and the stencils too Del for any future inquires in Feb .
I just emailed him today and is looking into doing a set as we speak..
So fingers crossed these will be ready for my next build..

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 06:15 PM »
I thought about bleach but everything I touch turns to shit so had them aqua blasted instead the downside was lost much of the original engraving so after the etching attempt I was the same as you and couldn't be arsed anymore so had them laced up there on a bike that gets ridden anyway so I would have been wasting my time although it be great if del could come up with some stencils keep us posted

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 06:28 PM »
Your last ones (those on your newer Haro) turned out fantastic. Couldn't you use the same procedure on these graphite ones?  ???
You are a master on restoring Z's mate - ...hope you'll get it sorted!  fistblump

Thanks mate..

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 06:56 PM »
My next project.
ACS 48`s drying on the washing line.. :coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  acs graphites

gfxgfx
gfx gfx