gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 02:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  From the Green Mountain to the Rivermouth - Kawaguchi, Japan
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: From the Green Mountain to the Rivermouth - Kawaguchi, Japan  (Read 8981 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
The Japanese race club that I belong to runs meetings at 2 tracks, Midoriyama and Kawaguchi, translated as rivermouth in English. Having now been to the former a few times, I thought it was about time to visit the latter, particularly as I’m likely to race there! :daumenhoch:

In a nutshell, Kawaguchi is completely different. For a start, it’s open to the public, which after my recent transgression at Midorimyama, is a welcome change! In contrast to the wide open setting of Midoriyama, Kawaguchi is next to a busy railway line and nestled under some huge flyovers. When I say nestled, the concrete supports for the flyovers are in the middle of the track. There’s also a gorilla:-

Also, the track’s much smaller and shorter than Midoriyama, being a simple anti-clockwise spiral. There’s a set of doubles on the start straight, which remind me of the Dollies at Poole, though thankfully not as big, followed by a table top and a rythmn section on the next straight then another rythmn section to the finish. It looks fast and furious but if anything, a little more beginner-friendly than Midoriyama. Here are some track pics, in order:-

Not forgetting the track rules!

& here are some pics from yesterday's race meeting. The first set are from the practice:-

& these were from the races:-

Apologies for the photo quality but the light conditions weren't great because of those bloody great flyovers!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:40 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: From the Green Mountain to the Rivermouth - Kawaguchi, Japan
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:31 AM »
Love the shot with the houses in the background  :daumenhoch:

I'm guessing the flyover struts are not too close to the track that you could hit one?  :D
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Ace pics  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Great pics Mick  :4_17_5:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:21 PM »
 :4_17_5:  that looks cool , and very well organised , agian old school  look/layout  to the track,  and brilliant use of the space :daumenhoch:     

no tire marks on the wall at the side of the start gate?   , got to be a passing opertunity by hacking along the wall  :LolLolLolLol:     

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:51 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. It's definitely an interesting place, and one which I'm planning to get better acquainted with today!! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 10:19 AM »
looks like loads of fun.
Small but a real beginner and everyone friendly facility.

Really want to make a dinner plate numberplate with how many you seem to be taking photos of over there.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 11:03 AM »
Really want to make a dinner plate numberplate with how many you seem to be taking photos of over there.

Do it! It would look great with your old school pads! :daumenhoch: I like 'em, especially if the rider's good (like the number 14 guy with the fluorescent yellow frame) as it's like they're letting their riding do the talking. That said, I've gone the other way with a flash plate that's way better than my riding! ::)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:32 PM by Mikku »

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 11:11 AM »
haha. I might just have to go out of the way to find a yellow plastic plate for such.
Always do enjoy "bending" the rules or challenging perceptions that people have.

And don't stress about having a flash plate and it having pressure.
on the new cruiser I am made to ride a special "one" because of leading a series.
mind you, I am trying to coax my "sponsor" into one of his old plate designs. just for a giggle

But I do have to admit I like how the Japanese don't seem to be overly fussed by anything.
have a real "ride what you have" attitude and aren't worried about the small things.

Offline x600se

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Thats a lovely looking track Mick!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 12:48 PM »
Thats a lovely looking track Mick!  :daumenhoch:

It is mate, though I got a little more acquainted with it than I was planning and got a chance to test out some of the body protection I've invested in!! More about that in my blog thread, but in the meantime, here's a few more pics, the last one of which is the rhythm section on the final straight, taken from the mini tabletop, with the gorilla looking on!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:34 AM by Mikku »

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 11:59 AM »
With the way the track is, do they ever do multiple lap events?
Just looking at that last straight it would be perfect to loop back around and do another lap or so.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 08:00 AM »
Not sure, though they were just running single lap races there on Sunday. That was also the loop I ended up doing for most of my practice session.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Photobucket has just wrecked this thread!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 05:42 AM »
Went back to Kawaguchi yesterday for a race meeting. Took lots of pics but will restrict them to three posts, with five shots from the 3 places I stood! So first up is the set of doubles on the start straight. I haven't plucked up the courage to jump these yet but love how they chuck you up! :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Next up are pics taken at the step-up table top on the final straight. I've lightened these up a little, as it was dark under that flyover! :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 06:07 AM »
The final set are taken at the table top on the back straight. It was quite difficult to get clear photos there but you get the idea! :daumenhoch:

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Some really cool photos here Mick  :coolsmiley:

Looks like a great track  :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 12:15 PM »
This is awesome... amazing pictures  explosion
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 03:32 AM »
Thanks guys! Yeah, I really like this track, though fate is conspiring against me racing there this year. The first meeting i was planning to do was cancelled, the second I missed because of injury and the next one (which is the final one there this season) on 1st Oct, is just a little bit too soon for my shoulder. Oh well. there's always next season! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:32 AM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 02:21 PM »
I've started so many bloody threads in this section I forget which ones I've updated! :D

Anyway, despite the comments in my previous post, I made back to Kawaguchi not once but twice, the first time for that race on 1st Oct and then again last week for a practice session. It's a bit of a mission to get to but I like it! :daumenhoch:

A couple more pics below for your viewing pleasure. 

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Went back to Kawaguchi yesterday for the first time in 6 months! It's a pig to get to but well worth it, though my shoulders are feeling it today! Took a few pics including one of a GW, which the rider had picked up on trip to Colombia! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:48 PM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 02:50 PM »
A couple more pics of the track.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 02:54 PM »
& a few more of a couple of quick lads jumping a set of doubles. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  From the Green Mountain to the Rivermouth - Kawaguchi, Japan

gfxgfx
gfx gfx