gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 02:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  24" Trickstar
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 24" Trickstar  (Read 16401 times)

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
24" Trickstar
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Thought i'd start a thread here , so been looking for a couple of years for this set , reading through forums led me to Chip @ c4 but got the answer nope no more in the pipeline atm , so continued to look for one , until jan of this year . So here it is as it landed ........

Already knew what I wanted to do with this , so got on with it , the plan is to hide as much of the cables through the frame as poss .....

First were the forks , as im using sturmey hubs again ........

So with the fork done , onto the frame ...........

Also been making some kind of hood for the front brake arm rather than going with a clamp like this one ...........

so cut up an old post and this is what i have atm

as you can see my welding skills are utter shite so will sort that out soon , not much going on atm , but will keep posted as and when  :daumenhoch:

NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: 24" Trickstar
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:47 AM »
I don't know whether to like or hate this thread!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:52 AM »
I don't know whether to like or hate this thread!

Ha ha    I'd  hate it first if i were you  !  You never know , you may like it later   :whistle:
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 08:54 AM »
Hmmm, know what you mean, got to change them cables to the same colour as frame though.

Forgot to mention it'll be painted then dipped lavender at some point

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Interesting work Steve, very interesting these 24 replicas were all the rage a while back.  I quite like how the cable entry and exit holes look after they have the plastic/rubber caps on them  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 09:31 AM »
Cheers Marty  , should all tie in once painted with the plastic cable holders . These 24's were all made by Chip out of busted / broken 20" trickstars , so I'd  say they should be pretty  good.  How  the hell are ya anyway mate  ?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 10:04 AM »
Cheers Marty  , should all tie in once painted with the plastic cable holders . These 24's were all made by Chip out of busted / broken 20" trickstars , so I'd  say they should be pretty  good.  How  the hell are ya anyway mate  ?

I'm good mate, fixing up a few parts for my Jag build at the moment; need to replace the spokes on the chrome araya's so not looking forward to that!  Be good to see the Trickstar in the flesh when it's built up  :daumenhoch:

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 04:20 AM »
Are you still in contact with quicksilver  ex mod  ?  There have been some rides around Perth  mostly on fb but he keeps me in the loop . Good bunch of guys turn up for a spin and a pint   :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 04:24 AM »
Are you still in contact with quicksilver  ex mod  ?  There have been some rides around Perth  mostly on fb but he keeps me in the loop . Good bunch of guys turn up for a spin and a pint   :daumenhoch:

Yezh I still stay in touch with Reece but not been able to get on the rides as have usually fallen when I have been away down at my dad's.  Going to try and get to the next one if I can though.

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 04:28 AM »
Would be good to finally catch up Marty.  Yeah nice guy Reece just got another Curtis pro and a heap of gear from him . Top guy     :daumenhoch:  .  There must be a ride coming up  soon...

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58 AM »
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

So the frame fork bars and pedals have gone for powder  .  Got  pretty much all the parts for the bike

Doing this post on the phone so hopefully the pics will work

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10 AM »

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Hmm  can't  upload anymore pics ..keeps telling me to contact admin      Skint   :tickedoff:

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 10:34 AM »

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 10:37 AM »

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 10:38 AM »
Think I'll give up using the  phone on here . Have to resort back to camera  :knuppel2:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 10:50 AM »
Liking the idea, Could you not have slotted a seat post though so the cable didn't have to come out and back in again by the seat tube?

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 11:00 AM »
Thought about that for a long time and it probably would have been viable but would have had to drill more holes on the outside to create the holes for the inside of the seat mast so i bottled it and went for this alternative. ..

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 04:05 AM »

Not a great picture . But went for a metalic  lilac.   Should look good in the sun

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 05:57 AM »

Rims look mad how did you cut the stars out

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 09:42 AM »
They are on the uk araya web site  . 24" free ride aero rims

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 09:43 AM »

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 09:45 AM »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 10:16 AM »
My kinda build this   :4_17_5:
Always liked the idea of running a sturmey and currently looking at fitting one into a skyway
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 10:48 AM »
My kinda build this   :4_17_5:
Always liked the idea of running a sturmey and currently looking at fitting one into a skyway

This is the 3rd bike I've build with these hubs now . I love em  , a brake that actually works on an old school bike .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  24" Trickstar

gfxgfx
gfx gfx