gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 07:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  So where are we now?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: So where are we now?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
So where are we now?
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:41 PM »
It seems decent parts have dried up on here and the bay. If we assume what isnt sat on a build is sat in a hoarders attic then when will we ever see them again? Prices arent what they were and its hard to see how they will ever be again?
Are people going to take a hit on what they may have paid? i doubt it, so we are all up shit creek  :D
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: So where are we now?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:46 AM »
 ;D  You know you will get the "here we go again" gang along shortly to tell you "here we go again...the bubble has burst....blah blah blah".

It has dried up mate, to be sure, and not just here and ebay, but on Facebook too. People have hoarded, got bored and trying to sell it all at last years prices, and there are just too many attic fillers about. No one will sell because they will pay double for the same part when/if they want it again, and no one will buy as the prices are still high with people trying to recoup their initial outlay.

The only people who are benefiting from it at the moment are those who bought dirt cheap and selling high, if it sells, and those dealing behind closed doors, because all the flippers have made it this way. Sadly prices will not drop either, because too many idiots use ebay as a price guide, and we all know that cannot be gauged properly with shill bidding, cancelled sales after the fact, etc etc, so there is no real price stamp.

I need some parts to finish my last bike, so always shop in the US. Plenty going around over there still, buddy  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:37 AM »
I'v really felt how hard is it to finish the final parts sourcing on my builds. I don't trust buying on facebook - I've currently got an issue getting money returned for stem that was lost in the post and the last set of bars I bough the seller thought it was his prerogative to send them when he saw fit which was two weeks after I'd paid for them! Both Facebook buys.

I buy the most of my parts through the Museum now, but the recent pound v dollar dip make this hard as well.
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Example

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Example

In2bmx

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 08:38 AM »
I hope it hasn't dried up  :-[ 

I'm building 1 last bike again  :daumenhoch:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 09:21 AM »
There's still some silly prices being banded about on fb and ebay. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

griff

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 09:27 AM »
;D  You know you will get the "here we go again" gang along shortly

morning!  ;D

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54 PM »
Tis difficult getting stuff now, many hoarders, you only have to look at some of the posts on FB.

Me, I wait till something comes up at a good price, or, as I don't have all my bikes built up, I "borrow" parts off another bike.   :D

For one of my latest builds I put some Wanted posts up on here, and to be fair I have got most of the things I needed, and at good prices, keep it RAD  :4_17_5:

Offline tfi_friday

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Tis difficult getting stuff now, many hoarders, you only have to look at some of the posts on FB.

Me, I wait till something comes up at a good price, or, as I don't have all my bikes built up, I "borrow" parts off another bike.   :D

For one of my latest builds I put some Wanted posts up on here, and to be fair I have got most of the things I needed, and at good prices, keep it RAD  :4_17_5:

For my my biggest headache is grips. I'm partial to A'me Tri and Rounds but trying to find a nice set of red and black bubble fonts is crazy at the moment.
Also resorted to borrowing from my other bikes to at least get a finished look, but ends up a bit annoying bits hanging off other bikes instead.
Patience is the key of course, but then I shouldn't have tried to build three bikes at one time. Be nice when they're done though.

But there definitely is a drought of bits around for whatever the reason. And I'm guilty of stashing a few things too with the logic that it will be just too hard to source the same part again later if I need it.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 06:25 PM »
I'm selling a complete Cali survivor for £450 plus whatever the postage and no takers. But then I see some joker trying to sell late profiles arms and BB for £250 :idiot2: :idiot2:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40 AM »
I'm in Cornwall  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Seems to be a world wide thing of parts  being stupidly priced . Over here in oz  sometimes a sheer lack of parts ,  half the time end up on the museum and with the ozzie $ being piss poor against the  us $ makes me want to cry  with certain parts .   Oh well  tis what it is  ...
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 12:14 PM »
and now apparently from 1st june we are going to get hit with 10% tax on overseas  purchases   
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 02:28 PM »
I have a fair few bits, but don't sell becuause I won't get my money back - I don't get rid because I intend to use !

I also let bits go to those that need / collect e.g. Tony Lee wanted a plate, I'd never use it so let it go! Sadly however not all have the same view !

I also paid over the odds for a bubble font chainring, it kinda goes with the hobbie I guess.

In for it for the love 👍

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 04:44 PM »
It's a sad state of affairs .... Stasis.. A Mexican Stand Off!
Its weird how you can go from hundreds of parts on here and FB to virtually none... It's going to kill ( a huge part of this hobby ) for many of us.
The rides are definitely still popular but the art of building as we once new it maybe over for good.
It wasn't as if those rare parts we all needed to finish a build were easy to find even 5 years back.. Now it's nigh impossible.
It's always been a case of who you know but even those people aren't letting stuff go now.

It's greed sadly that's killed it for us all.

My biggest gripe are the smug gets gloating at how much money they made on FB because they've sold up when it was the same said twats who pushed the prices up to begin with by buying everything that could regardless of price.

There I said it... :rant:

Sorry boys it had to be put out there :daumenhoch:
( not Radsters of course )

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59 PM »
I am building a bike and its a shit
I cant get easily anything I need , although I have good mates who have let me have stuff so its nearly done
but I cant see me doing another one as its almost impossible to get the parts I would want to do anything justise

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 05:04 PM »
I've a nice New School Floval or an SE Assassin or a Knight Bike Goose for sale if anyone wants one?#

???

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 07:25 PM »
I have waited and searched for five bast*#d years for one nos while comp St.  spotted a comp St ramp on eBay US, but no good for me. I'm still keeping the faith!! :lighter:
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 02:59 PM »
so a day after typing I wont build another
I buy a TA frame and forks

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 03:01 PM »

Maybe that's due to the love for it mate.  :daumenhoch:

In2bmx

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 03:35 PM »
  :LolLolLolLol:  fistblump explosion

Offline tfi_friday

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 01:55 AM »

lol I know that feeling... I was building my last build for the last last Cleethorpes ride out, including a road trip from Sweden.

...then I bought a Streetbeat. (Last last build... probably)

Offline dannyb

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40 PM »
I'm fairly new to building up old bikes so I don't know about the glory days of cheap parts. Apart from getting a dp freestyler for £25 that had sat in a bush for 20 odd years it's all expensive for me.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 08:29 AM »
like Nick Gashead said i`m just as bad i got crates full of bmx stuff but wont sell anything as dont know what i need and what i dont at mo , i also don`t really like selling stuff as in the last year i sold a couple of bits and i noticed they ended up on ebay for more money . my stuff cost me nothing compared to what some people pay but i rather it sits in crates than someone fleecing me and ebay is there friend ,sad i know but certain people out there have caused this . 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  So where are we now?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx