gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 01:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Umikaze, Yokosuka, Japan
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Umikaze, Yokosuka, Japan  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Umikaze, Yokosuka, Japan
« on: April 25, 2017, 01:12 PM »
I decided to make the most of a sunny day today and go to the most dangerous place in Japan! Yokosuka hosts the biggest US naval base in Japan and with North Korea threatening to blow up all and sundry in response to the arrival of a US aircraft carrier-led battle group in the Sea of Japan, it's perhaps not the best place to be at the moment. So with the threat of military action hanging over the region, I decided to do the only sensible thing and go for a ride, packing my Crupi into its Tioga Cocoon and taking to the trains to check out a BMX track in Yokosuka! :idiot2:

Umikaze (sea breeze in English) is a waterside leisure area with a dirt track next to a skate/BMX park, and those of you with a good memory will recall that Clint and his brother went there on Clint’s visit last year! I spent a fun couple of hours down there, practising the ol' rhythm sections in between the photo breaks! I also had the track to myself, which was a bonus, as was the absence of missile strikes! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:12 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Umikaze, Yokosuka, Japan
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 02:28 PM »
Looks like a lovely day for it Mick.  :daumenhoch:
Sounds daft but we almost missed the track, tucked away as it is behind the tennis court wall.
Had a few laps, but found all the pumping tiring in the heat.... not like freestyle 
:LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Holy heck you carried it all the way there!

I really should stop being an antisocial layabout and join you on your travels sometime!
Nice to see the track, no doubt Clint's getting itchy feet at the idea of getting to ride it again from the pics!
Really need to get my new built finished up and the roof rack for the car sorted too!

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Great pics Mick! That bowl in the skatepark looks lovely...old school as fook!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55 AM »
Thanks guys!

Looks like a lovely day for it Mick.  :daumenhoch:
Sounds daft but we almost missed the track, tucked away as it is behind the tennis court wall.
Had a few laps, but found all the pumping tiring in the heat.... not like freestyle 
:LolLolLolLol:

Yeah, I couldn't find it to begin with and that was after reading your post on here first!! :crazy2:

It was fun but unlike the freestyle park, once you start there's not a lot of room to stop, so I found it bloody knackering even without the heat you had. :D

Holy heck you carried it all the way there!

I really should stop being an antisocial layabout and join you on your travels sometime!
Nice to see the track, no doubt Clint's getting itchy feet at the idea of getting to ride it again from the pics!
Really need to get my new built finished up and the roof rack for the car sorted too!

Yeah, we're long overdue for a beer! What you building?

More pics below:-
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:10 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Yeah, we're long overdue for a beer! What you building?

Rebuilding one of my DTT's! last time I went over to the UK i hauled my white DTT back with me in bits, So I could just throw that back together! Definitely needs a clean first though!

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:21 PM »
One of the coolest posts ever!
Thank you
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 02:51 AM »
One of the coolest posts ever!
Thank you

Thanks man! & thanks to Photofookingbucket, I'll reload all the photos over the weekend! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:09 AM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Photos now reloaded! With the limit of 5 per post I had to do a little rejigging, but job's a good 'un! The last few are below!

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 07:07 AM »
I went down to visit an American mate in Yokosuka last week and as well as having a quick tour around the naval base (the American supermarket and the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier were joint highlights!), we dropped by the nearby Umikaze track. I decided that it was best not to ride dirt jumps with a bad back, but my mate joined a few of the other Midoriyama regulars who were there having a bit of a practice session. It was bloody cold (the track is aptly-named) but on behalf of RADBMX readers, I managed to take a few pics before the frostbite set in! Enjoy, as the Yanks would say! :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 07:11 AM »
& here are a few more:-

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 07:02 AM »

Always love your posts and pics, I will make it out one day, been on my visit list since the 80s, but California and bmx keep calling

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Umikaze, Yokosuka, Japan

gfxgfx
gfx gfx