gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 02:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  'Ride for Evan' Thank You Thread :-)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 'Ride for Evan' Thank You Thread :-)  (Read 1691 times)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
'Ride for Evan' Thank You Thread :-)
« on: April 30, 2017, 07:39 AM »
Absolutely top night  :D massive thanks to all who came and all who donated  :4_17_5:

Evan was buzzin on the way home ( yes ... the 4 x cans of pop helped  :buck2: ) he rode better than he ever had before and said it was the best session he had ever had  :4_17_5: and he now hates scooters with an increased passion as he finally found out what its like to ride without the little shits pushing in and being clueless.

A new face was supplied by Mark from Donny who arrived at the same time as regular Donnyites Jim and Gra and much local dialect flowed between them. I was able to catch glimpses of meaning and Mark and Jim appear to have raced at the same BMX club in the 80s but with Jim in a year older age group 'w'n thee werr nippers' or something.

'Footdown for pie' was predictably entertaining ( with only one incidence of foul play when Mr Cong pushed Mr Munford over before the game had offically began ) and after 3 'rounds' of poor balance the winner of one of Meltons finest pies was the multi-talented Mr Ben Snell ... who then decided the best way to celebrate his win ( and get a new angle for photos ) was to perch himself on the dustiest metal ceiling joist in the roof ... Mr Snell duly spidermanned up and along and snapped away  :slayer: ( it should be noted that this act displaced a goodly amount of dust which took your host ( me ) by surprise as he decended a transition which resulted in him ending up on his backside ... Thank you Mr Snell.

Big thanks again from me to everyone who came along ... and all those who took time out to encourage young Evan through the mediums of banter and cajouling :-)

Lenny
Neil
Oli
Alan Sibs
Chris Trails
Congo
Ben
Bretty
Jay
Mark from Donny
Jim
Gra
Phil D
Scotchy

And donations from :

Spen
Pickle
Andyboy77
Rob De La Porte
Kirky
Philbert
Richie Deno

Massive thanks as well to Sam from Terminal 1 who let us use the park for free last night ... AND gave Evan a free Membership as well ... top work :-)

The point of all this was to raise a bit of cash that has been have used to buy the biggest Jellycat bunnies and unicorns possible for Evans 3 younger sisters ( if you you have never cuddled a JellyCat toy, make it priority ) which JellyCat kindly gave us at cost ( usually retail for £80 each!!! ) ... and a helmet and some Vans for young Ev. ... plus £50 of cash to go into the justgiving pot  :)

None of the kids have found sleeping easy since it happened and the introduction of some of the biggest softest cuddliest things possible ( not you Ben! the toys ) has helped the girls in a big way.

When Evan's dad Austin passed away the bottom dropped out of the family's lives ... ever day is a struggle and Evan's mum Simone is being strong for the kids and just about coping, and I have a mountain of respect for her. Everytime I see her face I can see the light of her life has gone out. The happiness that little acts like this bring therefore show very easily and she was very very grateful to you all for your generousity ... especially to allow Evan to join our disfunctional crew and give him something to focus on at a very difficult time.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:35 AM by ED209 »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: 'Ride for Evan' Thank You Thread :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:54 AM »
Top work We, proper top effort mate.......wish I could've been there to support

:4_17_5:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 04:42 PM »
Top work We, proper top effort mate.......wish I could've been there to support

:4_17_5:

you did what you could rob lad and it was much appreciated

:daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Great it all worked out that well.  :daumenhoch:
Evan had a great time, which is very important due to the horrible events he and his family had to go through.

Top stuff Ed! ...and of course big thanks also to everyone else who made this such a possitive event. Nice to hear that. :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  'Ride for Evan' Thank You Thread :-)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx