gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 01:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Crupi bottom bracket
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Crupi bottom bracket  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Christian1980

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Crupi bottom bracket
« on: May 16, 2017, 09:04 AM »
Hey guys. Ok so I brought an old crupi frame from Utah a few yrs ago on eBay. The bottom bracket is huge and was wondering what crank would be suitable. I was hoping my sinz xxx elite crank would fit with an adapter. I got some 52mm cups that need to be pressed in (haven't done it yet) which would allow a mid bracket to be fitted. Is the sinz euro or mid? Worse case scenario I'll sell the crank and look for a mid bb. Is there anyway of fitting this or shall I just sell and get a mid bb?

Offline VOIVOD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Crupi bottom bracket
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:43 PM »
 :) The BB for Sinz Elite XXX cranks is an EX type for 24mm spindles (same thread as Euro)and will fit fine into  a US to Euro adaptor.A mid BB will not work with these cranks.
"Everything is a dildo.It just comes down to how brave you are."

Offline Christian1980

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 02:05 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I noticed the crank axel is pretty thick. So do you advise me to buy a us to euro bb converter cups? I've seen them on eBay for about £12.

Offline VOIVOD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 02:39 PM »
 :)
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I noticed the crank axel is pretty thick. So do you advise me to buy a us to euro bb converter cups? I've seen them on eBay for about £12.

Yep.Or get a regular US BB and a set of cranks to fit it.The downside of fitting Ex type BBs to a frame with a US BB shell is that chain alignment can be awkward as the bearings sit outside the shell.
"Everything is a dildo.It just comes down to how brave you are."

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Crupi bottom bracket

gfxgfx
gfx gfx