gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 08:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Redline 1987 RL20ii colours?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline 1987 RL20ii colours?  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Jon Dyer

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Redline 1987 RL20ii colours?
« on: June 12, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Hi,

I am in the middle of purchasing a !987 Redline RL20ii, it is unpainted and I am going to need to repaint it, so I need to know what colours came out in 1987?

I quite like the radberry color, but I am not sure if that came out in 1987?  I was possibly going to use the decals from a 86 from
http://ajkbikes.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=83 I like the rear chrome on rear chainstay on the 85-87 over the grey on the 88's.

Any help be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon Dyer

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Redline 1987 RL20ii colours?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:25 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: Jon!  :daumenhoch:

I don't know all the colours the RL20-II's came in '87 but we have an excellent reference section on here. In the 'Old School Freestyle'-section we have an old school magazine thread going.  :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2211.0.html

I'd start in '86 as those new(er) bikes for the next year often got advertised at least six months earlier. Have fun reading  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon Dyer

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 01:13 AM »
:welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: Jon!  :daumenhoch:

I don't know all the colours the RL20-II's came in '87 but we have an excellent reference section on here. In the 'Old School Freestyle'-section we have an old school magazine thread going.  :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2211.0.html

I'd start in '86 as those new(er) bikes for the next year often got advertised at least six months earlier. Have fun reading  :daumenhoch:

Thanks dude I appreciate it.

JD

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Although the Radberry didn't come out in '87, I am sure it was still available.....
It would probably be easy to work out by looking at bmxmuseum.com where you can search specific years of bikes which have been submitted. Marc (McQueen) would also probably know the answer and will no doubt be along soon...  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 04:28 PM »
Although the Radberry didn't come out in '87, I am sure it was still available.....
It would probably be easy to work out by looking at bmxmuseum.com where you can search specific years of bikes which have been submitted. Marc (McQueen) would also probably know the answer and will no doubt be along soon...  :daumenhoch:
! Nice one Damo, missed your direction on this to me!!

87 was the worst year for Redlines, on the RL20ii's it was pretty much Black, Red (awesome colour, most left over from 86 so don't have the ad990 mounts), White and Chrome. Last year of the under chrome to the frame (unpolished under painted front triangle/ polished to exposed rear). The 88 colours came out early, and they look good as Salmon and Kiwi, but had the grey gloss painted rear triangle.
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Redline 1987 RL20ii colours?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx