gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 30, 2024, 01:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sandblasting Tuff Wheels
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sandblasting Tuff Wheels  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Sandblasting Tuff Wheels
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:50 PM »
Hi. I have a set of tuffs, got as much paint off of them as possible but now nothing is shifting. I don't want to spend 2 days rubbing them down  :-\

Has anyone done sandblasting on them before? Does it kill the tuffs?

Kind regards,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Sandblasting Tuff Wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 06:02 PM »
You can definitely do it, have seen a few posts about it over the years in various sites. Not sure about what media people used though

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 07:05 PM »
Think the general consensus is walnut shell as a blast media
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:50 AM »
Matt do a search on Aquablasting in the tech and resto section. I think it was originally startled by Sid1972 from memory. Anyway done it loads of times and for other folks on here too when I used to drive past a place not too far from me. Even did a set of Z-rims and they come up brilliant, like new  :daumenhoch:

Actually it's in the stickies and took me less than 30 secs to find it so here you go mate :coolsmiley:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,130061.0.html

Right, back to sleep now. Don't forget to remove your freewheen, spindles & bearings or they'll be full of little plastic beads when they come back!

Spen 8)
Still limping......

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:24 AM »
Matt do a search on Aquablasting in the tech and resto section. I think it was originally startled by Sid1972 from memory. Anyway done it loads of times and for other folks on here too when I used to drive past a place not too far from me. Even did a set of Z-rims and they come up brilliant, like new  :daumenhoch:

Actually it's in the stickies and took me less than 30 secs to find it so here you go mate :coolsmiley:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,130061.0.html

Right, back to sleep now. Don't forget to remove your freewheen, spindles & bearings or they'll be full of little plastic beads when they come back!

Spen 8)

Thanks for everyone's replies and also your's Spen, hopefully see you at MK my good friend  :daumenhoch: :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sandblasting Tuff Wheels

gfxgfx
gfx gfx