gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 03:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Ramps a big thank you!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ramps a big thank you!  (Read 3927 times)

Offline splodge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Ramps a big thank you!
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:43 AM »
Great set up this year, lovely bank for Kickturns & that quarter is so sweet (even though Ron Wilkerson thought it was no more than 6ft!). Spent most of Saturday riding ply & an early Sunday morn sesh, great weekend. Even bearing in mind the legends that were walking around riding the ramps all weekend is the highlight of MK for me. Huge thanks to Rob, Ed & the crew, you grafted in the rain to put them up, dry all weekend then I think it was probably pouring down when you took them down, thank you chaps, MK just wouldn't be the same without you.  :bow:

griff

Re: Ramps a big thank you!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:49 AM »
Hear Hear  :daumenhoch:

I didn't ride them - by the time my bike was ready I certainly wasn't, but the whole of the ramp crew worked solidly to provide the soul of MK and I saw some great riding

Friday was a washout and they were sweeping water away to get back at it - you have to respect the incredible amount of work involved in putting them up to have to take them down again so soon afterwards and all the time 2Bob and co were as cheerful as ever

Shout out to Dolly the attack dog too  ;D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Yeah it's bloody hard graft putting those ramps up and down, top top work  :daumenhoch:

In2bmx

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Great part of MK .  fistblump  Wouldn't be the same without them.

Respect to all involved making them over the weekend ..  :4_17_5:

Great fun for the riders .. :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 01:45 PM »
I'll post some pics of 5.30am Saturday am verses 3 hours later in a bit :-)

Best ramps ever  8) good to go out on a high  :daumenhoch:

( pic nicked from Paul ... this was just before they are finished Saturday lunchtime )

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:50 PM by ED209 »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 02:31 PM »
Didn't ride the ramps but a big thanks to Rob for borrowing me his power pack to kick start my flat battery... top man and a top northern/southern monkey.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

griff

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 02:33 PM »
With any luck Piotr will manage to finish off the time lapse video of the ramp building

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 06:39 PM »
Ramp corner & the mid tent ruled  :daumenhoch: It was an absolute honour to be a part of this, big thanks & love to Rob, Ed & the crew for letting me get in on it, proper chuffed  explosion  fistblump
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Ba5h

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Top work all round guys much appreciated all the hard work tht goes into the show, rode a bit and crashed a bit and enjoyed it  explosion fistblump :daumenhoch:
Bmx on a budget

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 06:36 AM »
yep great work  fistblump
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 12:28 PM »
I'll echo what everyone said especially Nick
and thank Rob for lending us his power pack to start the van
Thanks a lot man and great work by all involved in the Ramps 👍🏼
It comes out of the ground!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Yep, that team worked so hard over the weekend, credit to them.

Lovely to see so many riders using it too !

Mini ramp under covers next then  fistblump

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Think the ramps are hugely important to MK and the lads did a stirling job this year in difficult conditions. Would love to see some sort of comp based around the ramps as in bitd. We could find a slot before the lake ride or summat to get a great crowd turnout.
Timed runs with legends judging or a air height comp would be cool as!  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 01:35 PM »
A brief story of the ramps ...

Friday was build day - we arrived at lunchtime and with great speed we got the skeltons of the ramps up in a couple of hours ... then the heavens opened... it stopped so we swept the water away and cracked on ... then the rain set in for the night.

I kid you not that at 11pm Friday as Rob, Phil, Shane and I stood under my gazebo in a couple of inches of water as it pissed it down ... a piece of plywood floated past. Things did not look good for Saturday... so we retired to bed.

5.30am I looked out.

At least half the ramps area was covered by water ... water that needed to be got rid of as soon as possible. I got dressed and ventured out... a plan in mind to bail it out with an improvised dustpan and a cool box. Mr Steele was already up and paddling so we set about the task ... he swept ... I bailed.

3/4 of a hour later, a lot of sweeping and 40 cool boxes of water between us we had cleared the water and hope was returning ... then the sun came up and warmed our hearts.

By 10 we were crracking on again ...

By 12.30 we were putting the finishing touches on and enjoyed and afternoon and evening of ramp fun!

This was my last year on the 'ramp build team' as I have retired from being a mod now  ;) Rob and Nick have already hatched plans for an undercover miniramp next year ... I can't wait to rock up on Saturday lunchtime with it all done and just ride  :daumenhoch: Happy Days  ;D

Thanks to Rob @ Radii ( Ray-di-eye ... not Radee  :teef: ) for all of his work over the last 4 years to provide the ramps at MK. He's gone well beyond the call of duty every year to put on some fun for the riders ... this year for me was the best and saw the most number of people enjoying it.

Long may it continue  :slayer:

Dylan Thomas

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 02:04 PM »
Awesome work Ed and Rob, I know exactly what is involved with putting these up and taking them down afterwards and it's proper hard work.

Didn't know you'd stepped down as a Mod Ed, I guess it's been coming but huge thanks for all the efforts and work behind the scenes  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 08:57 PM »

Rob, Bill, Ian and even ed are awesome

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 09:10 PM »
A brief story of the ramps ...

Friday was build day - we arrived at lunchtime and with great speed we got the skeltons of the ramps up in a couple of hours ... then the heavens opened... it stopped so we swept the water away and cracked on ... then the rain set in for the night.

I kid you not that at 11pm Friday as Rob, Phil, Shane and I stood under my gazebo in a couple of inches of water as it pissed it down ... a piece of plywood floated past. Things did not look good for Saturday... so we retired to bed.

5.30am I looked out.

At least half the ramps area was covered by water ... water that needed to be got rid of as soon as possible. I got dressed and ventured out... a plan in mind to bail it out with an improvised dustpan and a cool box. Mr Steele was already up and paddling so we set about the task ... he swept ... I bailed.

3/4 of a hour later, a lot of sweeping and 40 cool boxes of water between us we had cleared the water and hope was returning ... then the sun came up and warmed our hearts.

By 10 we were crracking on again ...

By 12.30 we were putting the finishing touches on and enjoyed and afternoon and evening of ramp fun!

This was my last year on the 'ramp build team' as I have retired from being a mod now  ;) Rob and Nick have already hatched plans for an undercover miniramp next year ... I can't wait to rock up on Saturday lunchtime with it all done and just ride  :daumenhoch: Happy Days  ;D

Thanks to Rob @ Radii ( Ray-di-eye ... not Radee  :teef: ) for all of his work over the last 4 years to provide the ramps at MK. He's gone well beyond the call of duty every year to put on some fun for the riders ... this year for me was the best and saw the most number of people enjoying it.

Long may it continue  :slayer:

That's some dedication Ed, from you and ramp crew, full marks lads. I'm not a rampist these days, but I can still spot a well built and quality to ride ramp, and you lot deliver that each year. Nice one.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 09:57 PM »
Thanks all  :daumenhoch:

My car & caravan got 'Clumped'  :angel: by Pete and Bubbs and their RTC stickers
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:01 PM by ED209 »

Dylan Thomas

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 10:41 PM »
Glad to see the yearly tradition of no fecker getting any pics of the ramps actually being ridden has continued :yahoo_silent:

I remember about 4 years ago taking all day to man up to get over that spine and none of my so called mates watching and geeing me on took a single pic..... gutted..... :2funny:

Great effort from the Two-Bob crew as always by the looks of things :coolsmiley:

(& Ed of course!)
Still limping......

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 08:03 AM »
I got a few pics, couple more to come when I'm home

Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline splodge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Fair dos Ed & I look forward to more ramp time with you next year. This set up I think suited most people & wasn't to daunting if you just wanted to roll up & down. Amazing effort by you all to build it & remove it. Mk really wouldn't be the same if there wasn't ramps like in the first years I used to attend, it was nice walking around but always thinking it would be great to have a quarter & a trick ramp and amazing if we could get some old famous names attending in the future, now look how far its come  :bow:

We have a year of practicing & ive already had a few hours mucking about working on new stuff, roll on 2018.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Ramps a big thank you!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx