gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 09:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New Bell Moto 3?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Bell Moto 3?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
New Bell Moto 3?
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:27 AM »
What are the thoughts on the new Bell Moto 3?

https://www.bellhelmets.com/en_eu/powersports/helmets/moto-3

Seem bloody pricey to me but have the cool looks of the original.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: New Bell Moto 3?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 05:34 AM »
I totallly agree with you Marty,top $. I tried one on a year ago on Alans stall at MK. More comfortable than the originals though. Obviously I stil have my two from the eighties.  ;)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:11 AM »
Haven't tried one on but they look cool as!! Love the RSD Malibu Blue/White one especially! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 09:06 AM »
The new moto III meets all modern motorcycle safety standards which the old one obviously no longer does. That is the fundamental reason its cost is in line with any other high quality modern helmet. They haven't just brought out all the old tooling and fired up the machines again, it is an entirely re-engineered version. As mentioned before it is also vastly more comfortable now.

If you look at the price of other MX or DH helmets today its price is right there with everything else, so its just down to if you want modern or retro styling.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:26 PM »
The new moto III meets all modern motorcycle safety standards which the old one obviously no longer does. That is the fundamental reason its cost is in line with any other high quality modern helmet. They haven't just brought out all the old tooling and fired up the machines again, it is an entirely re-engineered version. As mentioned before it is also vastly more comfortable now.

If you look at the price of other MX or DH helmets today its price is right there with everything else, so its just down to if you want modern or retro styling.  :daumenhoch:

Yep, I read it was a manufacturing redesign, todays standards are far more rigorous so I get that too after all wasn't it Bell Helmets that ran the advertising for having a ten dollar head, buy a ten dollar helmet!  It was "if you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet" iirc.

I think it looks pretty good and I'd be tempted if I was still riding in anger these days  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New Bell Moto 3?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx