gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 02:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Supercross History
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Supercross History  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Supercross History
« on: September 19, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Was doing a bit of research on the mid-school Supercross frames and found this brilliant section on their website, talking about the early days including the idea behind the frame design and the first team riders. Apologies if it's been posted here before but it's a bloody excellent read and worthy of my first mid-school thread! Anyway, enough of my banter, here's the link:-

https://www.supercrossbmx.com/pages/bmx-racing-and-other-stuff

Mick :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: Supercross History
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Cool frames n a proper riders bike too :daumenhoch:

Offline RAD4BMX

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 10:27 PM »
As Daz says, great frames to ride and great history. Check Daz's in RAD museum, lovely in white.
Bill Ryan is a top man, contacted me after a Preston meet 2009 when someone sent him a random photo.
Used it for their 20 year anniversary and told me all about my frame as it has double thickness dropouts, still uses the pics on the site today. Stoked.

https://www.supercrossbmx.com/blogs/news/the-evolution-of-supercross-bmx-race-frames

Can't believe nobody has snapped up the 96 in the for sale. Bargain at £120.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 11:45 PM »
As Daz says, great frames to ride and great history. Check Daz's in RAD museum, lovely in white.
Bill Ryan is a top man, contacted me after a Preston meet 2009 when someone sent him a random photo.
Used it for their 20 year anniversary and told me all about my frame as it has double thickness dropouts, still uses the pics on the site today. Stoked.

https://www.supercrossbmx.com/blogs/news/the-evolution-of-supercross-bmx-race-frames

Can't believe nobody has snapped up the 96 in the for sale. Bargain at £120. :daumenhoch:

Yeah, it was that ^^^ '96 which prompted my research!! Must resist!!!!!

I assume the link you've posted is the new and improved version of the company history mentioned in the one I posted. It definitely reads better but has lost all the really interesting stuff about who was making or supposed to be making the frames, and all the behind-the-scenes racing stuff! All good though. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline VOIVOD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 02:34 PM »
 :) I`ve had several Supercross frames over the years-can`t fault them.I thought Bill was a  tosser when I tried to order a new decal set and he wanted £55 to ship them to the UK & wouldn`t budge.:)
"Everything is a dildo.It just comes down to how brave you are."

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 11:52 AM »
They do make some nice frames and the old ones certainly have some interesting points to them.

Have one of the Anarchy Cruiser frames which was a bit of a testing ground (Rear Triangle is flipped around) for Supercross.
Also get to see a fair few of the 450 frames which are very nice. Although the dark blue version is a lot more subtle then all the chrome ones.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 12:18 PM »
Love their new school stuff...

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 01:14 PM »

Very nice indeed!! Is it yours?

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 01:41 PM »

Very nice indeed!! Is it yours?

It's not Mick... wish it was.  :-\
Think these framesets were retailing for about £750 when they came out a coupla years ago. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Ste

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Awesome read, I really like super cross stuff, I’ve got a spare set of super cross tyres for sale if anyone’s interested.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Supercross History

gfxgfx
gfx gfx