gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 07:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  old guy with new school and crank probs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: old guy with new school and crank probs  (Read 8350 times)

Offline fattaffracingco

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: old guy with new school and crank probs
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 12:26 AM »
again thanks guys ,oldtired,spen69,griff, yup I will buy parts as I said and update my findings ,might hit probs with top hat spacings
 yup you are right on cost, its a budget bike and will stay that way, if I take to the ramps and my body is up to it I will probably look for new ride and come back on here for advice
in the meantime I will do the fix and update the thread as per ,again many many thanks all, chris fattaff fistblump :)
keep it on the blackstuff baby, aww fook it

Offline fattaffracingco

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 09:46 PM »
Hi all , I ordered the 3 piece crank from eBay, happy with quality for price , bearings went in nice with the old socket and hammer job , I did initially try frigging up a set of pullers but one side wouldn't pull in straight so hammer it was
Arms were VERY tight going on spindle was tapping on with rubber mallet much more than I liked so I gave arms and spindle a good rubbing down on spines with scotchbrite/brillo pad and wash off with wd40 ti remove shipping oil and they tapped on lovely jubbly
I picked up used odyssey pedals from eBay and took them into work to media blast them and painted them with rattle can, I did consider taking out the grub screws but thought that was a bit anal considering bike involved
I have kept the gearing std atm and I'm gonna try it see how it is for me
Chain was kmz gold , I was very impressed with quality , I cut them to length with 4" grinder and I have to say chain was motorcycle quality I felt when cutting , i decided to use a circlip king link rather than preening off fixed link to join for ease of use
Only thing left is to test it , gotta get myself a lid tho
Any more advice please feel free to fire away, cheers Chris fattaff

Offline fattaffracingco

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 09:57 PM »
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] pedal

Offline fattaffracingco

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 10:02 PM »
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] m

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2017, 10:52 AM »
 :daumenhoch: ,  now go ride,  :daumenhoch:

after a couple of hours of riding go round and tighten up the crank bolts and the pedals , sometimes they will bed in and loosen up a little ,

no rush but,  try to get hold of a KMC Missing link  they're a couple of quid i think,  and replace the splitlink in chain , the kmc missing link is better as it can't open once fitted, option two and   the best option is get a chain breaker tool and make the chain one piece, as said though,  no rush 

Offline fattaffracingco

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 02:51 AM »
thanks for all the advice and links n stuff , awesome forum guys , awesome, again thanks all,chris fattaff   fistblump

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  old guy with new school and crank probs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx