gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 04:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Big Up to Source BMX and Dead Sailor BMX!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Big Up to Source BMX and Dead Sailor BMX!  (Read 959 times)

Offline velocity

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Big Up to Source BMX and Dead Sailor BMX!
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:26 PM »
I have embarked on my first build and have bought a Harry Main frame because I fell in love with the colour! (Jet fuel green)

I did not want to do what i normally do and order everything off the internet, instead i thought i would buy from my local BMX shop and give them my business. I was not impressed at all, the man in the shop put me off straight away by not even acknowledging me and just staring with hios roll up fag in mouth almost like "what are you doing here" look, i eventually got some sort of interest and was basically told that it would be too expensive to build a BMX and that my frame was rubbish and that i should get rid of it and buy a complete bike from him!

Not impressed at all! I don't know a lot about BMX's and being new to this it put me off big time. Any way I threw the idea of buying local out of the window and contacted Source BMX and Dead sailor bmx. 20 minutes and £850 later i have all the parts ordered, with proper advise and definitely from people who ride themselves and love what they do not just owning a shop for sake of it. Really happy with the advise and would highly recommend them. Proper people!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: Big Up to Source BMX and Dead Sailor BMX!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:55 PM »
That's a pity about your local shop mate but I'm lucky as Jack Walker (Waller BMX) is five mins from my house if I need anything. Sourced me a 48h G-Sport Ribcage last year when everyone else said no chance so I bought a 36h for my front as well. He does mail order too and rides whenever he can :coolsmiley:

Get a pic of the bike up when it's built :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 08:27 PM »
My lbs is now owned by a local bmxer from bitd called Wotty who was a few yrs older than me. Took some wheels to be trued not long after he'd bought the business off the bloke who originally opened the shop and ran it till he retired (nice fella). Tried chatting to 'WOTTY' about bitd bmx and stuff but he didn't wanna know. Still take my wheels to be trued by him like but he's a right miserable fooker.  :-\

Glad you got sorted mate.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline chownie

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 04:11 PM »
I've used Source and Dead Sailor plenty of times and have always had great service.   Custom Riders also, online and in their shop. 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Big Up to Source BMX and Dead Sailor BMX!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx