gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975498 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 05:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Import charges
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Import charges  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Import charges
« on: October 11, 2017, 06:04 PM »
What's the most anyone has been charged for buying from abroad Just got some panaracer tyres from natashuki only cost 45 quid with delivery customs have just charged me 20 quid cheeky bastards cant imagine what it costs if you get a F&F or a complete 😡

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Import charges
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:33 PM »
About 6 years ago I bought 2 completes from the states. They were from separate people and nearly identically priced. One was sent usps and delivered by royal mail this end and the other was 3 day express with fed ex.

I got full charges on both but the charges were loads different with one a hell of a lot higher than the other. I seem to think it was royal mail that charged more as I phoned up to complain that the other fed ex was a lot cheaper but I never followed it up just in case I'd been under charged on the cheaper one.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:13 PM »
Yeah FedEx pay the charges for you then invoice you once they've delivered the item, this way you get it quicker as it doesn't delay the delivery.

Royal fooking mail on the other hand charge you a handling fee and sit on the bastard for a few months  :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:30 PM »
First thing I ever bought from the US ... 91 bashy Sport.

Got charged £13 duty ... £70 vat ... £10 handleing fee ... £93 extra the bastards.

Soon learnt ... everything after came as a GIFT with a value of under £36 but always tracked. No duty or VAT due.

Also you can't insure it for £500 and say its only a £30 gift :-)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:33 PM »
Yeah FedEx pay the charges for you then invoice you once they've delivered the item, this way you get it quicker as it doesn't delay the delivery.

Royal fooking mail on the other hand charge you a handling fee and sit on the bastard for a few months  :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

Yes that's what happens but the charge amount was vastly different between the two companies on nearly identical bikes

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:53 PM »
Licence to print money

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 12:37 AM »
£105 the most I paid from the USA for a set of 501 full wraps cranks.
The postmaster said that’s the most he has seen someone pay for such a small package.
RIP off uk  Skint
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 11:15 AM »
RIP off uk  Skint

I'd have to agree with that! I buy most of my stuff from the States, mainly because USPS charges out of the US and customs charges into Japan are both cheaper than the UK equivalents! Thumbs down
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:56 PM »
The postmaster said that’s the most he has seen someone pay for such a small package.
RIP off uk  Skint

Is this more sought after levi versions with denim finish  :D

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Just picked my tyres up and paid the import charge the guy at parcel force told me that charges are a bit random and customs have lowered the threshold for import tax even when things are gifted just like the government to squeeze every last penny they can out of you .still mustn't grumble even with charges still worked out cheaper than what someone is selling them on eBay 👍

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56 PM »
The whole fooking thing is liberty.....What the fook right do Her Majesty's  Revenue have to step in with their infinitely long hands in the first place??
If someone buys something off someone in another country it should be the same as if they bought it off them in this country. If they HAVE to tax imports then do it to companies/ businesses ONLY, don't fook private individuals. Most of the goods will have had some kind of duty paid on them in the first place...FOOKING GREEDY, GREEDY COONTS
Oh yea...I take that back...I forgot we have to pay £300 million to repaint the palace....my mistake.  ::)
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

In2bmx

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 03:06 PM »
Had a full Mongoose Pro Class Cruiser once arrive at the post office . I Paid around £25 .

Had some Scott brake pads from the states paid £60  Skint

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 12:38 PM »
just paid £15.80 for 2 sets of tyres, 3 sets of grips and a powerdisc, £7.80 vat and £8 handling fee. luckily porkchop marked the value down to $48.

griff

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 04:29 PM »
RIP off uk  Skint

Sought ::)

:teef:

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 08:45 PM »
RIP off uk  Skint

:LolLolLolLol:  ::)

Sought ::)

:teef:

:LolLolLolLol:  ::)

In the Orlando at present and was on my to do list to get a pair of 501 when I wrote the reply.. ;D
The jeans “wrap” around my ever increasing waist line as we speak.. :D

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:48 PM by Ady »
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Import charges

gfxgfx
gfx gfx