gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 01:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who to use for International Shipping from USA to UK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who to use for International Shipping from USA to UK  (Read 1050 times)

Offline bionicman1

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Who to use for International Shipping from USA to UK
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:11 AM »

Hi All,

After some advice, looking to ship back a BMX bike back from the US to UK, wanting to know which company would be best to use for this  "help"

Also been advised the box size is 46" - 24" -10"  ( I know there will Duty & Vat to pay there will ship back as bike parts )

So guys an feedback to who has used who in the past and how good it went and what did it costs.

Thanks  fistblump
We Can Rebuild Him

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Who to use for International Shipping from USA to UK
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 10:03 AM »
Not sure about a complete bike but USPS seem to have the most reasonable shipping costs for parts.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline bionicman1

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 04:17 PM »

Been looking at the costs on USPS seem quite good only one issue is with the size of the box, too big for there international service.

Are they that hot on box size as if I put 45" - 22" - 9" for the size of box it would be ok, but will they refuse to ship if I completed online and got collected  :whistle:

We Can Rebuild Him

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:23 PM »
I've had about a dozen completes sent over and all but a couple were with usps international.

But the last one was a good few years back so things may have changed.

I just use to ask the seller to send it with the cheapest service

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:52 PM »
I've brought over a couple now. The first one was sent from NoCal and arrived 6 days later (USPS) and the second was cheaper (Ebay GSP Pitney Bowes) but took over two weeks. However, the first one I dodged fees on 'cause my friend sent it and said it was a gift worth $30 and the second I got stuffed on with customs.

You can use Cargo at the airport if you wish, but there will still be delays with customs. I took my 82 PK out to the USA this way and it was expensive then (about £150 and then $150 customs fees on top ffs). I also had to go to the airport to collect.

I would say USPS if you can.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who to use for International Shipping from USA to UK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx