gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 09:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  EXEL-SIOR !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EXEL-SIOR !  (Read 5323 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: EXEL-SIOR !
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 03:15 PM »

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 03:38 PM »
Looks a tidy build fella but I'd loose the skyway seat? cant see the relevance?? and theres loadsa cheap mx type seats for sale on egay  ;)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Seat is staying. I always padded seat the everything.

From the looks of it I will be riding it. It's a lot more substantial than a Skyway Street Beat, let's put it that way. Sadly the fork pegs are bent out of whack so I need to find me a local blacksmith who can straighten them. Shouldn't be too hard down here, have seen a few on TV.

The seat clamp bolt is missing so I have ordered 4 (even though I wanted one haha) and the nut is missing too, so I ordered that.

Got one of those in silver (sealed bearing for threaded) and am waiting on the chain and brake cable inners

Also the rotor was not in the box, so getting that sorted now. This will be the last BMX I build for a while. It's so exhausting having to remember to buy everything etc etc.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 12:08 PM »
Looks a tidy build fella but I'd loose the skyway seat? cant see the relevance?? and theres loadsa cheap mx type seats for sale on egay  ;)

Coming back to this. Had some time to think about it last night.. The wheels are Skyway, the grips are Skyway, the brake pads are Skyway. Hence I thought the seat would go nicely with the other parts. I don't want this original because the one thing I don't like about the original is the seat. I never liked them then either. If I had all of the original parts I would deffo for sure use the seat but once again like all of my other bikes it just won't happen. The only plastic seat I would fit on there is a pink hot seat and I suspect it will take me a long time to source one of those.

Any way I searched the box over and over but the rotor was missing. Which is annoying, because the whole frame is designed around it. So I thought quick and realised that he had included the entire crank that had been all powder coated. So thinking fast I carefully removed the arms and put them up for sale. I guess anything Hutch sells fast, because the arms flew out within about ten seconds. Which after postage paid for a NOS rotor ! so all is well that ends well.

And here is where I am up to. I had to order a new nut and bolt for the seat clamp, the tubes came, the chain came and so on. Headset should arrive on Monday, with the rotor not far behind it. Sadly the stem quill is toast so I gotta paint that silver but that's no major biggy. I need to paint the stem bolts also, so I will just do that together.

Oh yeah, the fork stander bolts are bent to feck too. Thankfully because I live down here in West Sussex I have two blacksmiths within about a mile of my place so I will ride down and get them straightened. Rocking horse shit is putting it mildly.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 07:44 PM »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 03:02 PM »
The headset and NOS "no-tor" arrived lol. The headset was awful. Cups were far too big and would not hammer or press in. I actually smashed a hole in the wood trying to hammer it in. So I skimmed around the edges of the bearing cups with a mill bit in my Dremel, then they pressed in OK. Still very very hard, but in they went. Then the crown race just about fits over the fork. So you can't smack that onto the fork crown race. I have put a carbon 1-1/8 sleeve over it to hide it (the carbon is nothing structural). But I got there in the end. Oh yeah, the "no-tor". I don't know what it is tbh. It's not an ACS Rotor I don't think as it is bigger. However, it spins beautifully and I had the cables I needed so I just trimmed the decals, cut them apart and put them on any way.

Ignore the stem quill, that has literally just been painted wheel silver.

Sadly the Potts bolt has not arrived, so it will have to wait.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2017, 03:01 PM »
This is where I got to.

Then ran out of time/parts. It needs chain tugs modding to fit, rear brake dialling and etc. Just minor bits really.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 10:28 PM »
And what it looks like now.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  EXEL-SIOR !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx