gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 12:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What the f**k, now I've seen some shite in my time but this takes the biscuit
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What the f**k, now I've seen some shite in my time but this takes the biscuit  (Read 5177 times)

griff

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/vbze7j/dior-homme-bike

$3200 - get in the sea FFS

And I thought Mafia were taking the piss trying to cash in with this

OK - they're both taking the piss, but this Dior bollux is next-level
If anyone brings one of those to MK they will need a thick skin

griff

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Shite and errr... shite.  "nono"

coming soon to a skatepark near you  :-\
https://hypebeast.com/2017/11/dior-homme-bmx-editorial

They wont last long once some fashion victim bowls down the skatepark giving it large and comes a cropper resulting in a compo claim against em. Stick to clobber you greedy bastards.  :-\
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
To be fair, if you paint the Mafia bike green and stick Haro decals all over it (which a load of twats will do) is it really any worst than the Haro things?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
That Mafia OS is £250 all in, just a modern version of the DP  ;D

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Question: If someone on here builds a cruiser, I've never seen the word BMX stated with it. If a bike doesn't have 20'' wheels but bigger, is it still a BMX or a cruiser then?  :-[

griff

That Mafia OS is £250 all in, just a modern version of the DP  ;D

controversial :teef:

griff

Question: If someone on here builds a cruiser, I've never seen the word BMX stated with it. If a bike doesn't have 20'' wheels but bigger, is it still a BMX or a cruiser then?  :-[

BMX racing has a cruiser class, so the short answer would be yes

Never really understood the 24" 'freestyle' retro bikes though

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Saw this on fookbook. What a price mark up on it!.  Its laden with awful/cheap parts , you think they would at least use some high end components ,maybe whack some diamonds on it here and there, or even get some stuff gold plated!.

Suppose it fits in with some of the general Facebook builds though they just need to add custom/skyway/burner/vw/barn find   :buck2: Worth every dollar then!  :police:

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:

BMX racing has a cruiser class, so the short answer would be yes

Oh yes, I know there's a cruiser class in BMX racing, but I always wondered. Thanks for clarifying this to me.  :daumenhoch:

Offline dp and chopper dude

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
WOW! look at the quality of the optional road kit:

"nono"

griff

"nono"

tektro copies? :teef:

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:

"nono"

Uhh nice I love reflectors  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
To be fair, if you paint the Mafia bike green and stick Haro decals all over it (which a load of twats will do) is it really any worst than the Haro things?

Not really. Looking at a modern Haro it doesn't look anything special to me. In fact, I wasn't exactly enamoured with the build quality in the 80s either. Always seemed to be about the name.

It's a shame Mafia have gone with the colourways they have. You've got the rainbow there and they do it in curry burner special too. Really missed a trick there, they could have done something so much better with it.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:

Not really. Looking at a modern Haro it doesn't look anything special to me. In fact, I wasn't exactly enamoured with the build quality in the 80s either. Always seemed to be about the name.

It's a shame Mafia have gone with the colourways they have. You've got the rainbow there and they do it in curry burner special too. Really missed a trick there, they could have done something so much better with it.

I don't think the Mafia is terrible...it is certainly not ridiculously priced, anyone know what it's made of? EDIT just looked on the site and it's Hi Ten....shame
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:19 PM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
harry main has vid of the os on his you tube channel ,  only 100 made which is a good thing i suppose  :-X

often check in on his channel ,he  has gone off on one   just recently but that's video logging i suppose ,   although he does know his stuff does the H man ,   should see how high he puts the seat  on the os, that's real old school that is  :-X  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
I was upset when I saw the Harry Main bollocks on his channel.
WTF are they thinking?

He wasn’t around in the 80’s and neither was Mafia Bikes... and it shows.
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
Mafia+  affordable + old school looks? What's the issue? There's loads of people who can't afford a retro haro, and as for what metal it's made from I'm sure it's man enough....
Mid school baby!!

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:

If you mean the new ones they are making.
Its for those people who have grown older and just want to be able to cruise around on.
The 26 and 29ers are apparently big sellers in the US aswell.

griff

Mafia+  affordable + old school looks? What's the issue? There's loads of people who can't afford a retro haro, and as for what metal it's made from I'm sure it's man enough....

Main issue for me - just look at it
I know a lot of people bash Mafia & normally I’d respond with something like ‘as a starter bike they’d be a lot better than some other bikes’ but that is honking

If you mean the new ones they are making.
Its for those people who have grown older and just want to be able to cruise around on.
The 26 and 29ers are apparently big sellers in the US aswell.
I get that, it’s just the fact that they never existed BITD
Anything that gets people riding a bike is good though

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
What will it take to get you to ride a bike Griff?

:-X ;D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

griff

When are you gonna bring me those Profiles Griff?

:-X ;D

;D

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:

They wont last long once some fashion victim bowls down the skatepark giving it large and comes a cropper resulting in a compo claim against em. Stick to clobber you greedy bastards.  :-\
Are you guys missing the point here? Dior don't really give a s**t about creating a real BMX, they are just using it to show an 'urban' edge or something.  Do you think these bikes will ever be bought or ridden by anyone that understands BMX - no, never, not at 3000+ price tag. Do you really think a 'fashion victim' is really gonna ride one into a skatepark? No. These are just fashion accessories for the rich - famous or stupid. If anyone buys one of these they will be a pony in an expensive apartment used to run around Manhatten or Mayfair or in a huge house in Abu Dhabi, by people who drop your yearly salaries on a whim buying a watch....

Do you think the designers, or however collaborated with them, have looked at this website? No. Do they think they've created a real BMX. No.
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

Are you guys missing the point here? Dior don't really give a s**t about creating a real BMX, they are just using it to show an 'urban' edge or something.  Do you think these bikes will ever be bought or ridden by anyone that understands BMX - no, never, not at 3000+ price tag. Do you really think a 'fashion victim' is really gonna ride one into a skatepark? No. These are just fashion accessories for the rich - famous or stupid. If anyone buys one of these they will be a pony in an expensive apartment used to run around Manhatten or Mayfair or in a huge house in Abu Dhabi, by people who drop your yearly salaries on a whim buying a watch....

Do you think the designers, or however collaborated with them, have looked at this website? No. Do they think they've created a real BMX. No.

Kinell... soz Christian.  :-\  :LolLolLolLol:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

In2bmx

I HATE THAT ..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What the f**k, now I've seen some shite in my time but this takes the biscuit

gfxgfx
gfx gfx