gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 09:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New School 26" Cruisers, there's a lot about.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New School 26" Cruisers, there's a lot about.  (Read 879 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
New School 26" Cruisers, there's a lot about.
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Not sure if its just in the South East but has anybody else noticed the youth of today are getting the 26" Cruiser's.

Smaller kids are getting the 24".  (The geometry seems smaller to the 1980s 24" though).

Seems to me the company's making the 26" BMX have just hit the market right.

What are other  :radbmxsmilie: members thought's on this ? ???

griff

Re: New School 26" Cruisers, there's a lot about.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 07:16 PM »
I’m not keen tbh

24” I can cope with but I see 26” wheels as MTBs

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 09:53 AM »
It’s ok by me. They built 26” back in the day so it’s still a bmx.
Wouldn’t want one personally like but if someone did want to give me an old school GT one I wouldn’t knock them back.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 01:55 PM »

SE 26" seem to be the most popular. I've seen 3 SE New Schoolers this week alone. 1 white and 2 baby blue. Nice to see the youngsters buying the old brands.

:daumenhoch:

Offline wizardweb

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 09:02 AM »
I think SE have done a great job promoting the 26” and 29” bikes. I can totally see why they’re so popular. The vids of people wheeling down the road look like all the fun things I remember BMX being when I was a kid.

I’ve thought for ages that there can be a perception there’s a massive learning curve (or complete lack of fear) to get into BMX these days and it probably frightens people off. BITD it was way easier to do tricks that you saw on the TV. Wheelies, endos, even managing to get a couple of front hops done. So wheelies on a big bike are much more accessible.

GT have made a good stab with the latest 26” Performers but I think Haro have gone the wrong way with just making expensive copies of what their classics. They should do what SE and GT have done by creating classic style frames with modern features but around the £599 - £899 price bracket.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New School 26" Cruisers, there's a lot about.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx