gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 12:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Me and My Rides
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Me and My Rides  (Read 3717 times)

Offline Hedsta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Me and My Rides
« on: November 01, 2019, 05:01 PM »
 :slayer:Heres a pic of my rides.

Kuwi Nova - nearly all OG parts apart from brakes and seat (I think). The bars are Tioga, the pedals Suntour XCII (Mk 1's).
This was my first resto build that did in 2014/15? When I got the frame it was bare metal so had this powdered by SBD. I got the Ukai aero's with the frame and forks and while these arent spec for the Nova they were/are period specific. The crank is standard Sugino 180 (I think) and the BB is Tange. Tyres are Comp III repops. Spider is Sugino as is the chainring - 44: 16 as it was bitd.

Torker ProX - this was last ride I had as a kid and it took me a while to track a frame and forkset down. Would have preferred chrome but hey ho - nothing wrong with white and it is a good base colour for any colourway/scheme. I sold the ProX because of really difficult times and regretted for years afterwards.
The bars were sold to me as OG Torker bars that I had re-chromed. The pedals are XCII's (Mk 2's).
Brakes are also repop MX1000's as is the Kashi Aero, the stem is a repop Profile but everything else on it are OG parts. Oh, the seatpost clamp is a repop Dia Compe.

Recently got a repop Tange MX-5, some gold Shimano DX's (brand new), Ive got some MX900's that are being anodised gold, and a Tioga SC2 seatclamp that is also being done in gold. I've also got gold Araya's that will also be anodised gold and a Torker 6 bolt stem that will also be anodised gold - all done by Steve Burp Anodising.
To balance out the yellow/gold I'm getting black Torker pads and I'm also getting the proper ProX decals done that will be clear folm backed which should go nice onto the white frame and forks as supplied by Del. Ive also got some back Skyways that should help address the colour balance issue of the black pads arent enough; if I put these on the yellow pads would probably come back into the equation. You know what its like - nothing feels better then getting it 'just' right  :slayer: :slayer:

I'd love a 401 flightcrank as well but that would mean finding some minty DX's that are 9/16 - too much of a ball ache and they wouldnt be cheap either. I could refurb some and get them anodised but thats an issue I dont even have yet lol.

I'll never get the money back I've shelled out on it, but then again I'll never get the ride I sold back so this is a way of making ammends I guess.

Look forward to posting pics of Torker as it prgresses.

Let me know yr thoughts

All good

Steve (Hedsta)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:21 PM by Hedsta »
Before Haro there was Torker. Don't let anyone tell you different..

Offline Hedsta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Me and my Rdes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:15 PM »
Wont let me upload pics...been trying all day.

Whats the best way to contact admin? Anyone?

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 07:23 PM »
Your pics will most likely be too big files

There's a sticky on here to explain it I'm sure, I'll post a link up when I spot it :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 07:25 PM »
Still limping......

Offline Hedsta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 07:40 PM »
File defo not too big as less than a Mb?

Following instructions to the letter.

Not working from phone either

Hmmmm

:'( :'(

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:56 PM by Hedsta »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Me and My Rides

gfxgfx
gfx gfx