gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
951037 Posts in 135671 Topics by 5308 Members - Latest Member: moefoemil May 21, 2018, 12:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!  (Read 791 times)

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: 2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 09:34 AM »
Good to see you finally got back out on the bike, appears the weather might finally start playing nice.
The new plate is pretty cool, always enjoy seeing something different to the norm being run.

Don't forget, any questions in regards to skills just ask.
Might be a bit hard to get an easy answer back to you but will definately try (ie find pictures to give you an example).
The best advice i can give you though is, if you can get video of yourself it will help you analyse what you re doing and what you need to change. It might not give you the 1 on 1 tuition of having a coach there but itll be a step for you to see what you are doing.

And lastly, Keep having fun.

Offline Mikku

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 05:01 AM »
Thanks mate! Appreciate the offer too. You're right though, a video would definitely enable me to see what I'm doing (wrong), though the thought reminds me of my snowboard instructor's course when they film you riding down the slope then take apart your riding style! :'(

& I need to keep everything in perspective too. I want to get better results but need to balance that desire with the whole idea of having fun, which I still am despite the slightly negative tone of my last post! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old guy on the Crupi!! :D

Offline Mikku

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Have had a few days off work this week, so after a couple of long bike rides, I put the Crupi in its bike bag today and went to the Kawaguchi track for a practice session. It was the first time there this year and I had quite a productive day, spending a lot of time practising the big doubles just after the start hill (my favourite part of the track) and also the final rhythm section, where I managed to manual a couple of the smaller jumps. Well, I think that was what I was doing as I can't manual for toffee on a flat surface but was somehow able to keep the front wheel up between the rollers. Kind of!! Anyway, it was good to get back on track and a useful workout as I plan to enter the next race there at the beginning of June. I'll therefore head back there before then for another practice but in the meantime I'm racing again at Midoriyama on the 20th, with an official practice session there next Sunday. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:40 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811

Offline Mikku

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Didnít make it to the Midoriyama practice session yesterday. I planned to but rain was forecast, so I decided that it wasnít worth all the hassle of getting there and back for what was likely to be an hour or so of practice before the rain arrived. Bloody annoying as I could really do with the track time before this Sundayís race but such is life. Or at least life without a car, which would have solved the transport difficulties. On that note the rental carís booked for this weekend but Iím also on the lookout for something more permanent, so hopefully track access will become easier in the near future! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 12:32 PM by Mikku »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx