gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
955805 Posts in 136235 Topics by 5473 Members - Latest Member: Kylec21 September 19, 2018, 02:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: 2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2018, 10:18 PM »
Due to “unforeseen circumstances” I missed last Sunday’s race!! From page 658 of the BMX Book of Excuses, on Friday I stubbed my toe and ripped half the nail off! :loser:  I could possibly have ridden around that but following a 13-hour round trip drive on Saturday, the thought of racing in the mid-30 degree temperatures forecast for Sunday was not an attractive one. I felt bad not going but looking at the race results, there was a low turnout all round, with my class being merged with the younger (& much faster) over 14s, so that wouldn’t have been much fun anyway.

So I’m now sat here in my new home, some 300-odd miles from Midoriyama, looking forward to the next race there in 2 weeks time! This is the JOSF Night Race, which is the biggest event of the year. Fortunately, I’m going to be in Tokyo for just over a week around that time, so should be able to make both the race and the practice day on the 9th. Further “unforeseen circumstances” permitting of course! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old guy on the Crupi!! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2018, 04:34 AM »
Am now back in Tokyo, so yesterday made the much more palatable, 50-odd mile trip down to Midoriyama for the official practice session. Unfortunately I didn't check the JOSF home page before I left and therefore failed to see that the 10am to 3pm session had been changed to 9 to noon, due to filming at the site. I was therefore somewhat surprised when I rocked up at half eleven to find a full-on film set in what is normally the car park/paddock area! :wtf:

Having made the 1-hour drive to get there, I was bloody well not going to miss the opportunity to ride, so quickly got kitted up and onto the track. Despite the session being continually interrupted by filming (we had to stop riding when they were filming scenes), I managed to practice the various sections of the track a few times. As well as enjoying being back on track again, I was really concentrating on being smooth, focusing on riding position and posture. Then when the filming stopped for lunch, we were able to have a 20-minute gate session, which was a bonus, as I need as much practice as possible before this coming Sunday's Night Race. Hopefully the filmset will have gone by then! :2gunsfiring_v1:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 07:52 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Race day/night tomorrow! Have been out in the local park a few times this week doing both sprint and stamina training, so am feeling in better shape than last Sunday but am still bloody nervous! Race report and pics to follow! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:05 PM by Mikku »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2018 Race Blog - Keeping it RAD in Japan!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx