gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 12:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  All but one.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: All but one.  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
All but one.
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:40 AM »
I built my hutch to have a decent rider. On the rides the last few years it’s been that or my Raleigh cruiser. 2017 though saw me finish my TA at last and as that was the bike I dreamed of having as a kid it’s now my go to rider. If they all had to go this would be the one keeper if I could only keep one.
Would your keeper be a rider or show pony let’s see the ONE that you’ve had and think your still going to get the most enjoyment out of.

In2bmx

Re: All but one.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Most of mine have had a ride out . Even the Judge.

My quad is old faithful though.  :daumenhoch:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:36 PM »
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This one just because it was a NOS frame set, my dream bike, ace colour and of course the pain and love taken to build it.

Remember that seat? :LolLolLolLol:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 05:07 PM »
That's an easy one for me, as I only own one bike ever since. I bought it in '89 and it was my ride ever since. Now it is what's called a survivor. It's an '86 Pro World Tour Performer but it's an '85 japanese made frame.
I did put quite some work into it since I became a radster. Was chasing parts for almost 2 years now, as well as some resto-work I did to make it look right for me.
Having said that, it does not look like it does in this pic. The resto thread will follow soon though.  :daumenhoch:

Anyways, I love it and it will never leave my home.  :)

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:56 PM »
The one I've had for the past 33 years...
My Hutch

griff

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 09:31 AM »
If I had to just pick one...

Would have been the Silverfox but it wasn't my original bike from BITD - for me this bike is special for lots of reasons

A very nice man made it

It's got my name on so useless to anyone else :teef:

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:26 AM »
The one I've had for the past 33 years...
My Hutch
Wow that’s the stuff dreams are made of, great looking bike and history too.

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 10:29 AM »
That's an easy one for me, as I only own one bike ever since. I bought it in '89 and it was my ride ever since.
 The resto thread will follow soon though
Look forward to it.

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 10:32 AM »
If I had to just pick one...
for me this bike is special for lots of reasons

You did a cracking job on it too..

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 12:21 PM »
I can't play this Glynn as I've got 2 keepers (current time), one show one rider.

I suppose though. When the riding stops I'll sell the surplus and the Hutch will be the one that goes up on the wall.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 12:55 PM »
I don't do show ponies so this is an easy one for me: - my '83 Kuwi Laserlite rider! Wanted one from the moment I first saw the magazine ads back in the early 80s. Took me 30-odd years to scratch that itch and despite its less-than-perfect chrome, battle-scars and non-factory parts, I absolutely love mine. Plus as an added bonus, it rides better than any other of all my old school bikes. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Griff that those Curtis cruiser f+f sets are awesome and we all know brian is a legend  :daumenhoch: ,it looks sweet as and I bet it rides bloody lovely  :4_17_5:  I just can get those bars tho? they look like butchered haro bars (i know there not tho lol) whats your take on them having ridden them fella  :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 07:28 PM »
It would be a cold day in hell when I let go of this. And if I did their are only three people I would sell it too.

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 02:14 PM »
It would be a cold day in hell when I let go of this. And if I did their are only three people I would sell it too.
Love Pob Sparrow 👍🏼
It comes out of the ground!

griff

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Griff that those Curtis cruiser f+f sets are awesome and we all know brian is a legend  :daumenhoch: ,it looks sweet as and I bet it rides bloody lovely  :4_17_5:  I just can get those bars tho? they look like butchered haro bars (i know there not tho lol) whats your take on them having ridden them fella  :)

I know they're not everyone's favourite looks-wise, but for me they go with the frameset and the little touches like stamped end caps (and that brazing!) are lovely
Unlike the F&F which was built from a jig based on an 80s frame, the bars were something Brian came up with for this project alone
As for riding - not given them any real stick (it's only been cruised on) but they are fine in terms of width/height/rake

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22 AM »
I will always have a rider but I can't hand on heart say I have a keeper, not even my Knightgoose despite how rare and brilliant it is.

If I had found my original bike I would have kept it, and it does happen, ask Peter J as my brother found his original Ammaco at a car-boot sale :shocked:

For me riding the bikes are what I loved doing bitd and still do now, so I'm happy being controversial and saying as technology advances I will keep going on a BMX but it will be a newschool bike :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  All but one.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx