gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 07:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Gary Fisher - Pure Bender Kick
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gary Fisher - Pure Bender Kick  (Read 3934 times)

Offline renegaderacer

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Gary Fisher - Pure Bender Kick
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Just picked up a mid school Gary Fisher with possibly the worst name in bmx history, the Pure Bender - Kick. It's actually my mate's who wants me to restore it for him. As mid-school seems to be coming the new old school I thought  it would be a good bike to start with as it was cheap and different from the usual suspects. It cost the measly sum of £25 off eBay. It's all complete and untouched and actually in really good condition so to keep costs down I'll strip it down and clean everything up and just upgrade a few parts like fitting three piece cranks and better seat, pegs etc.

The frame and forks are really nicely made from what I've read on the Museum, they're basically copies of Standard lengthies/Basic Big City Bastard's. The knee saver bars are a really nice size and feel and it has a Gyro 2 coupled with AD/FS 990 brakes and Alex 48 spoke rims.

Here are a couple of pics of how we got it minus the wheels/pegs/seat as I got too carried away before I could take some pictures of it!  :LolLolLolLol:

I'll do a restoration thread as I get things done.....

griff

Re: Gary Fisher - Pure Bender Kick
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Just wonderful :teef:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Reminds me of that Scalectrix car Fender Bender  8)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline renegaderacer

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 12:06 AM »
Reminds me of that Scalectrix car Fender Bender  8)

Yeh, I don't think I've ever seen a bmx with a worse name!

The frame and forks are quite nice though. Being a later model Pure Bender, it is the same shape as the Air Bob and the only difference I can see is that the Air Bob is 100% cro-mo, the Pure Bender has only cro-mo main tubes and forks. It certainly the heaviest frame I've ever worked on. I've had complete bikes that weigh less!  :LolLolLolLol:

As it's a budget build, it's nearly ready for assembly although I'd rather re-paint it but it's not my bike and not my money.

The only thing I'm stuck on now is I can't get the bloody pedals off but once that's done I can get the crank off and we're up and running!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Gary Fisher - Pure Bender Kick

gfxgfx
gfx gfx