gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 05:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  shiney shiney
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: shiney shiney  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Russ J

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
shiney shiney
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Been polishing up a few bits ready for annodising...

Not polished anything up for a few years know (mainly on my Burners) but still got the hang of it  8)

Quiet chuffed with the results...could have been better in the 'prep' stage but they are going on a rider i'm building so really no need for showpony quality...

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:04 AM by Russ J »

Offline Russ J

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: shiney shiney
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:03 AM »
More pics....

Also picked up these Pro Class pedals off Ebay...I were gonna get the bodies chromed but after taking the advice off Glynn (Glynnyboy) I decided to polish them up as they would most likely flake after a good few rides...I've only polished up the one body as of yet as you can see in the pic...Was a right ballache to get into the insides but just about managed it...

Russ... :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:07 AM by Russ J »

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 10:08 AM »
Hello
Very shiney indeed.
You will have to remove the rivet the holds the lever into the body as it is steel. The plastic inserts in the lever would be uneffected but the steel would make things ugly. Sorry if you knew this already it is just that there will be new areas to polish once you release the lever.
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline dwab4

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:59 PM »
Nice to see your still doing a few bits, have you got a new build on the go??

Offline Russ J

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Hello
Very shiney indeed.
You will have to remove the rivet the holds the lever into the body as it is steel. The plastic inserts in the lever would be uneffected but the steel would make things ugly. Sorry if you knew this already it is just that there will be new areas to polish once you release the lever.

Cheers for the info mate much appreciated :daumenhoch:

I know about the rivits but tbh i've had numerous sets of Tech 3's and had them re-annode no probs i've never come across any of the rivits being made of steel they have always been alloy rivits and they have coloured ok like the rest of the lever.Afterwards i've masked off the rest of the surrounding lever with just the rivit head showing and dropped a small blob of oven pride on it and gently removed the anno and then polished up  8) a bit fiddley I know but a lot easier than removing the rivit (imo anyway) (I hope this doesn't come across as a harsh reply I don't mean anything like that mate  :daumenhoch:)

Russ...

Offline Russ J

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 09:44 AM »
Nice to see your still doing a few bits, have you got a new build on the go??

Yes Mark i'm building a Mongoose Cali mate  :coolsmiley:...not to full on spec though but (hopefully) 'tastefully' built  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Nice and bling  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  shiney shiney

gfxgfx
gfx gfx