gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 07:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tokyo Nights!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tokyo Nights!  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Tokyo Nights!
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:48 AM »
I received an interesting email the other day from one of my Japanese mates. He and his (Aussie) wife are expecting their second child and he therefore wants to do some things before his life gets turned upside down again. One of those is to ride the streets of Tokyo at night, as in all night. He asked a few of his fixie friends (sadly he’s a non-BMXer) but they’re all busy with work and families and whatnot, hence his email to me! I immediately said yes, so he’s booked his flights and accommodation (he lives in Hokkaido, which is the northern island of Japan) and is heading down next month. That gives us a few weeks to sort out our route or rather, the places we want to hit-up, and gives me time to sort out my bike. I currently have 3 completes to choose from, namely my Crupi race bike, my recently-finished Redline 500a and my Kuwi Laserlite, but really there’s only one choice - it has to be the Laserlite! The Crupi’s the most comfortable to ride but the Kuwi is a Japanese icon and my grail bike bitd, so I can’t think of a better way to cruise the means streets of Tokyo. I’ll need to put on a front brake and some lights to be road legal but apart from pumping up the tyres, she’s ready to go! :daumenhoch:

I’ll get some photos up when the bike’s ready and of course, will post some more from the ride itself. Am looking forward to it! :slayer:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Tokyo Nights!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Sounds ace Mick  :daumenhoch:
Dan and I found ourselves bombing through various parts fairly late on one night. Was a fantastic night and up there in my list of truely memorable life experiences. Not every day you find yourself street riding Tokyo!
Seem to remember finding more than a few natural jumps, banked bits of paving and other bmx orientated landscapes  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Looks a fantastic place! :shocked: and i look forward to the pic's and I'm not jealous at all lol  :daumenhoch:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Riding the streets of Tokyo at night... that'd be cool.  8)
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

griff

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Still never been to Japan (or even East Asia) but would love to go
Look forward to the updates  :daumenhoch:

In2bmx

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Looking forward to the updates . What an amazing place  :daumenhoch:  On my bucket list

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 06:23 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing many pics Mick  , wish I could be there with you  :daumenhoch:

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Need a third? my white DTT only needs a chain!

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Very cool Looking forward to seeing the pics of this Mick :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 12:11 AM »
Need a third? my white DTT only needs a chain!

PM incoming! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 06:15 PM »
Great  :)

Take some BMX/Tokyo related pics and post then up.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 11:34 AM »
& then there were three! Dan aka Tachikoma is now onboard! With two Radsters, does this now qualify as a Rad Ride?? ;)

Great  :)

Take some BMX/Tokyo related pics and post then up.

Will do! :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 01:26 PM »
I rec thats as rad ride as you'll get out there Mick. Except when the 3 of us went round the park  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 09:41 PM »
Rear brake ordered (to at least try and comply with the law) , looking forward to it!

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 12:48 PM »
Nice one! I haven't done anything yet but am going to rob the front brake from the MX-Time then head down to the 100Yen shop to get some lights! :daumenhoch:

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 01:56 PM »
Nice one! I haven't done anything yet but am going to rob the front brake from the MX-Time then head down to the 100Yen shop to get some lights! :daumenhoch:
Front break? what's one of those...    :slayer:
Really though, my forks don't have 990 mounts or a hole for older style brakes, so rear only for me!

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Well tomorrow (Saturday) night finally sees Dan and I hit the mean streets of Tokyo!! A rescheduled race means an all-nighter is now off the cards (or at least mine) but we're hoping to make it to around midnight at least. I've been snowed under at work all week, so will have to sort out brakes and lights for the Laserlite tomorrow afternoon! Watch this space! :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 12:35 PM »
I know its a bit of a pain but get some pics if you can guys. Miss riding round japan of an evening  :smitten:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Will do mate! :daumenhoch:

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Off to bloody daiso with you for some cheap pink bike lights!  :LolLolLolLol:

Though, in all fairness, bought some for my bikes when clint was over, and after being left outside to brave the winter, a year later they still worked (with the same shitty daiso batteries we originally threw in), so if that isn't a shining endorsment for 108 yen bike lights I don't know what is.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Daiso did indeed come up trumps! :daumenhoch:

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Will let Mikku post his pics first, but I'll just say this much.

Tokyo Nights riders: 1
Tokyo Police: 0

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 11:01 PM »
 ;D Yeah, there were definitely a few close calls and quick changes of direction required but one of the best things about riding around Tokyo (apart from being cool as fook) is that the place is bloody massive with roads all over the shop, so there’s plenty of choices! :police: :daumenhoch:

Will get some photos up tonight after I get back from racing. My legs are nice and warmed up aka knackered already, so it should be a short day! :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 11:08 PM by Mikku »

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 03:11 AM »
A little taster!

A few notes:
I need to drill out my front forks and put a front brake on
I need to register my frame too
I need to ride more and build some stamina
Tokyo has way to many hills.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Nice hoodie that! :daumenhoch:

So time for some photos. This first batch were taken at various places around the city.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tokyo Nights!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx