gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 10:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Lost the love...again...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lost the love...again...  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Lost the love...again...
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:07 AM »
It might just be the time of year, had no chance to get our riding due to the crap weather, there's no london rides planned neither... plus there's always too much going on to give my bikes time so i've lost interest again :( I like coming on here catching up still but overall I've really lost the love for bmx :(

No doubt the love will return prior to MK but in the meantime I'm going to sell the vast majority of my gear, not completes though...

Anyone else feel like this?

Matt  :)

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Lost the love...again...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:17 AM »
You OK hun?
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Unfortunately feeling exactly the same at the moment. Different reasons in some respects, just been ripped off by another arsehole bayer, but non the less just lost the love as a result.
Spent the morning pondering just putting up a new sale thread, offering the first round of stuff to out. Ultimately I'll probably just keep my rider and original bike from BITD.
I'll never fall out of love with BMX, just not 'feeling' the scene at the moment.

Happy Monday everyone.

P
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 01:15 PM »
Suck it up cockwombles , come round our house and I’ll show you some Bmx love  ( no homo )  explosion

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Suck it up cockwombles , come round our house and I’ll show you some Bmx love  ( full on, dry bumming, banjo string ripping, homo action  )   explosion

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 01:43 PM »
lost it years ago, it'll never come back but still pop in here to see you old coooonts  ;D  :-*

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 02:01 PM »

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 02:01 PM »
Suck it up cockwombles , come round our house and I’ll show you some Bmx love  ( no homo )  explosion

There would certainly be some reach around action though...  ;) :yahoo_silent: ;D

Offline steve

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 05:06 PM »
You mean time of the month ???

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 05:26 PM »
I'm spending more than ever in my builds. Keeps me sane :) :)
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline steve

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 05:38 PM »
I don't know what all the fuss is about regarding the prices of the hobby going mental
-you can now buy a COMPLETE quadangle for a mere £369.99
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SE-Racing-2018-Lil-Quadangle-16-Inch-Old-School-Kids-BMX-Bike-White-Ages-6-9/263631896231?epid=2260238311&hash=item3d61af7ea7:g:QlIAAOSwsQFa3x-j

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 07:38 PM »
still got my bikes but for the first ever i am thinking of cutting back as this stuff just sits here doing nothing and money tight these days so i started sorting bikes out putting bits with bikes and fixing stuff together and once that done all the rest i`m getting rid of as pointless hording stuff that one day i believe will be worthless as once our generation and the one after is too old this stuff will drop in value unless it`s a unique bike . Had fun but old bmx is not the same anymore as used love the hunt for old bmx`s but now so many people are on it like a rash
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 10:55 PM »
I haven’t lost the love, in fact I’m loving the riding more than ever. That said, I don’t want to spend any more money on old school stuff. Don’t get me wrong, old school is where the heart is and I have 2 more builds in the pipeline but after that I just want to focus on new school race bikes!! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 08:45 AM »
It’s a shame there are no rides near you mate ... the Chester Ride last month started the ball rolling up north and for many of us starts the return of the love after the dark winter months. After a year off I’ve got a build on the go and that’s helped me regain the love once more after it dying for me for a while due to personal life shit ...
don’t be too hasty selling stuff... life can change and once things are gone they’re gone Matt  fistblump
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 09:09 AM »
I haven’t stopped buying stuff since 2007 so I can build a different bike every weekend if I choose, 20ft walk to the garage and a full garage and full beer fridge await me ! Really miss the northern riders though since moving down south, every year I say I’ll travel up but life ends up getting in the way like a big fat bmx blocking coont!

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 12:22 PM »
We miss you too Mike ... hope to catch you on a northern ride or at MK this year bro  fistblump
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 12:34 PM »
Every time I see a rad ride pop up I check the map and realise how far away they all are  :'( I really want to do radchester , Blackpool and Carl’s ride this year , Mk is deffo happening !!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Hey Mike my Jedi padwan, I feel your pain. I live up here but life and injuries have stopped me riding for about a year now. Sold everything, even my Knightgoose but kept a new school to roll about on.

MK will see us all excited again.

Oh, Matt. Stop being a pussy and either sell it or build it you fookin nonce..... :LolLolLolLol:

(See you at mk1 buddy for cuddles and booze as usual :daumenhoch: )
Still limping......

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 05:54 PM »
yep do need a ride down south thats part of radbmx and not other names as would be nice for a catch up with some faces as not doing mk this year
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 11:31 PM »
Selling more than half of what I have. Still love it but just don't need it all now.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

griff

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 01:50 AM »
Nothing to stop us having a trundle, but after what happened with Dan Cash I can't face organising another London ride :(

Won't be able to ride any bike for a little while after next week but was thinking the other day that it might be nice to do a charity ride somewhere again. Not done one for a while but remember the London Bikeathon was a nice day out

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 02:34 AM »
I need a ride out in my life , any chance of a northern migration ?

Offline dannyb

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 09:28 PM »
We need a London ride for sure.  :daumenhoch:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 11:11 PM »
I lose the love every week, then it comes back the week after  :D

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 02:05 PM »
I've been in and out of love with the hobby so many times in the last few years I forget which phase I'm in  :LolLolLolLol:

Currently thinking of parting with one or two but don't think I can quite bring myself to do it as in the back of my mind I have a niggle I will regret it like I did with my ELF Pro  :(

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Lost the love...again...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx