gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 10:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Raleigh BMX series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Raleigh BMX series  (Read 2855 times)

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Raleigh BMX series
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:45 PM »
Hey guys, I know this is a bit below the standard of many bikes on here but tough I wanted to save it!!

This has been one of my winter projects and is a raleigh bmx series, from what I can find out they were the last of the raleigh burner era, the standard mk2 frame but other bits can vary depending what raleigh were using up. Don't think they ever really took off as by this time we were all bombing around the woods on our mountain bikes with gears!

The bike was in a tired state when I got it last year but was complete so I thought it was worth a bit of time and effort. It was shot blasted, well glass blasted to be precise and powder coated at work (on nights of coarse) new decals supplied off the shelf from Steve at esemdesign, clean up of bits, new bearings etc and rebuild. (Chain is now on)

I am pleased with how it's turned out and will be the boys ride once he grows out his mini burner.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:02 PM by burnerboy »

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: Raleigh BMX series
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:03 AM »
looks good.  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Excellent restore fella  :daumenhoch: but I'd get rid of those tyres for either all blue or all yellow gumwall's as they may fit the colour scheme but imo cheapen the build  ;)

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 06:40 AM »
Excellent restore fella  :daumenhoch: but I'd get rid of those tyres for either all blue or all yellow gumwall's as they may fit the colour scheme but imo cheapen the build  ;)

Totally agree with you, from looking at pics of others I think it would have had yellow gumwall's and the plan is to get some in the near future as would look alot better. It was more a case putting these back on to get it finished ready for a couple of local vintage shows that I show bikes at. The wheels took alot of time as were in a bit of a mess and I will probably get another set to replace them as still not happy with em, This one was definitely used for what it was meant for!

Nice to hear a couple of good comments, cheers guys. As it was the last of the Burners I thought it was worth saving.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Raleigh BMX series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx