gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 06:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  FREESTYLE TORKER 280X’S.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FREESTYLE TORKER 280X’S.  (Read 5826 times)

Online SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
FREESTYLE TORKER 280X’S.
« on: May 05, 2018, 08:41 PM »
Torker 280X’s, had one since I was a kid (now in white) and found the chrome one on an old shed. Dated 1982 and 1983.   As my Torker was originally used for Freestyle, it had to go the same way on the restoration. They’re both not perfect, but I have had great fun building/ restoring them. Now upgraded the chrome TORKER original tuffs and Haro tyres. Few upgrades on the white one very soon.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:06 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: FREESTYLE TORKER 280X’S.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Love 'em both!!!! I always wondered what one would look like as a freestyler  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 11:20 PM »
They look really nice!  :daumenhoch: ...especially the chrome one has a very noble touch due to the colour scheme.  :4_17_5: Two great bikes.

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Very nice love Torkers
If in doubt flat out.

Online SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 02:05 PM »
Love 'em both!!!! I always wondered what one would look like as a freestyler  :daumenhoch:

Many thanks,  love messing with these two Torkers.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 02:07 PM »
They look really nice!  :daumenhoch: ...especially the chrome one has a very noble touch due to the colour scheme.  :4_17_5: Two great bikes.
many thanks, having a nightmare tying to get the rear side wall level on the white copy comp st's on the green tuffs! Any tips as I give in on it.

Steve.

Online SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 02:10 PM »
Very nice love Torkers
many thanks,  been working on them for ages. Next job is nos tuffs for both. Better get a remortgage for them.

Steve.

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 09:53 PM »
many thanks, having a nightmare tying to get the rear side wall level on the white copy comp st's on the green tuffs! Any tips as I give in on it.

Steve.

I had the same issue with mine, because they came in a box that was too narrow - they were oval actually. I varied the air pressure a view times and squeezed them or held 'em (the axles between my fingers) and rolled 'em on the floor.
Air in - air out, squeeze and roll ...over and over again.
There's a lettering on the tyres that indicate the maximum pressure for mags. Sometimes it helps to pump them up to the max. But haven't had mine filled up to the full-maximum though. 
On some of the ST's the coloured part of the tyre is not even all around either, that can also enhance the impression.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Great looking builds,

Don't really know anything about Torker's apart from the Haro built Models ...

Interesting that these were race frames originally with a DTT which i guess most associate with freestyle.. Didn't they make a cruiser as well with the same DTT ? Sure Ive seen images of a 24" being raced I'm my magazines...

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Great looking builds,

Don't really know anything about Torker's apart from the Haro built Models ...

Interesting that these were race frames originally with a DTT which i guess most associate with freestyle.. Didn't they make a cruiser as well with the same DTT ? Sure Ive seen images of a 24" being raced I'm my magazines...

Carl had a cruiser Cal, it may be still in his me and my bikes thread, unless PB have removed it.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  FREESTYLE TORKER 280X’S.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx