gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 02:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  North West England Airbag
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: North West England Airbag  (Read 1487 times)

Offline womble123

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
North West England Airbag
« on: May 31, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Hello all,

I myself am a motocross rider but have a few friends who are very into BMX and Down Hill Mountain Biking. I mentioned the idea to my local KTM dealer who was thrilled with the idea and there was lots of interest from people who visit the shop.

Im currently in a situation where I have a very large area of land which is rather remote but with good access to the M6 motorway near Lancaster/Kendal (just over 1 hour from Manchester/Liverpool) and capital after selling my old business.

We are looking into purchasing a large Airbag (not foam pit due to hot engines and difficulty of getting a heavy motocross bike out). Two manufactures have come up:

http://bigairbag.com
https://bagjump.com

Both are similar in cost and around 15m x 15m using two blowers to keep it inflated. Of course, metal ramps would have to be fabricated also.

I was just wondering if this would be of interest to BMX riders to practice complex tricks before moving onto hard surfaces? We had the idea of starting with just the airbag and down the line to add a downhill airbag with less cushioning to simulate landing onto a harder surface.

The area in question is well away from any houses and in a Valley. I understand there would be insurance/planning implications but we believe these could be overcome.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:28 AM by womble123 »

griff

Re: North West England Airbag
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:22 PM »
That sounds like a right laugh

Bit far for me to come from Wycombe but having tried the one at Flo Skatepark before I can confirm it's a lot of fun  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: North West England Airbag
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 07:41 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  North West England Airbag

gfxgfx
gfx gfx