gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 12:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Frame Suggestions?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame Suggestions?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline CurbDawg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Frame Suggestions?
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm a mid-school rider but I've kinda kept up with the times and still ride regularly, and my BMX is pretty modern too.
My reason for posting is I'm starting to struggle with my riding... I'm predominantly a techy rider and do lots of manual and fakie stuff, and I'm only 5'6 so I run quite a short frame too. My frame is a 20.2" BSD Passenger, but as much as I like it I have to admit that I'm struggling these days with how 'snappy' it is.
Can anyone suggest a nice frame to suit an aging tech rider? I know I could just get a long Passenger frame but I fancy a change! 

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Frame Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Loads of frames about that would fill your needs but here’s a couple that spring to mind.
Colony Prody frame 20.6 t/t 13.6 rear triangle & has a t/t platform so got the old/mid look. Steep 75.2 h/a though.
Did you like the S&M Dirtbike bitd? They remade them with all modern features a while back, but kept an all round geometry.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline CurbDawg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Thanks Fugazi,

Sorry for the late reply, I'd forgotten I'd posted!

Love the Colony, never knew they made such a frame... Certainly better value than the Haro retro frames!

I've never ridden an S&M but I'll check the dimensions! 

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 07:08 AM »
Those Prody frames rule  :daumenhoch: the Dirtbike spec is 74.5 h/t, 11.8 b/b, 14 to 15 backend which is longer than most about now but the high b/b still makes it feel pretty nimble. There was various t/t sizes.
Also see Ed’s post about the Colony Ozone frame that’s coming out!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Frame Suggestions?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx