gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 02:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  LAST EVER MK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LAST EVER MK  (Read 9935 times)

griff

Re: LAST EVER MK
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 10:05 PM »
£25 a pisstake. Whoever said that is an idiot. Refund their money!!

Think they were referring to charging kids a tenner

Offline cheeta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 10:49 PM »
I posted this on RADBMX Facebook page, didnt post it on here but its worthy on the forums, the forums the original instigator of MK

Offline PHIL9HUF

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 02:07 AM »
MK is an awesome weekend  :daumenhoch:
Anybody that thinks it aint and moans about the price they can fook right off   :Aresehole:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 10:06 AM »
Mk is always a great event and have always had lots of fun there but like all things the bigger it gets the more problems you get ,A big thanks to all the team and shame i wont be there this year to see the last mk as done most of them bar two i think .   
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 10:11 AM »
In it’s current format and location possibly yes.  Responsibly and liability on current organisers is simply too much. I know we have said historically people just don’t understand what’s needed to put this on, just stick up a marquee simple.....The planning and expense is overwhelming and criticism at times doesn’t help! We make mistakes, I make mistakes, we take it to heart and it at times is too much, we do have jobs. More than happy for it to progress with new blood taking responsibility off our hands.....Could be that it’s just another time, another pace, less liability more fun! As said, nobody wants such a fantastic even t to end yet think of what goes into making it happen and it’s taking its toll. I love MK more than you would ever know, and as said when we make a cock up it falls on us and that fecks me off big time. Anyway as said let’s enjoy MK18 and see where it goes 👍

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 10:32 AM »
I understand fully as I had the same issue with the Cleethorpes ride. Cost me £9.2k to run last years ride and some people couldn’t be arsed to buy a raffle ticket for a quid!

There’s some greedy selfish fookers out there!

You have my support in whatever guise it takes :daumenhoch:

Great work by all involved
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Sorry to heat that people are being idiots stating that £25.00 is a piss take, when in reality it is an absolute bargain.

I'm guessing the people who state that £25.00 is a piss take must  still buy there parts from a magical shop that is full wall to wall of original eighties parts at eighties prices, and even then the tickets would still be cheap, or the are complete and utter knobs and listen to Coldplay!

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Or the are complete and utter knobs and listen to Coldplay!

:LolLolLolLol:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2018, 11:25 AM »
It's a real shame this is gonna be the last one but like they say... "All good things come to an end"... unfortunately.  :-\
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2018, 11:28 AM »
As said, maybe just ‘MK’ new venue - new format - new blood

Offline richiebozza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2018, 01:10 PM »
As has been said previously, £25 for adults and £10 for kids is beyond reasonable, those prices cannot be complained about...especially when think about how much everything else costs in this scene, what old school parts can you even buy for £25 !?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:14 PM by richiebozza »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Noooo! Please don’t let this be the last one!! I can’t make it over this year but was planning to be in Blighty in time for MK19!!

I wasn’t there to see them but if the size and cost of the event is becoming an issue, do you really need the big names there, particularly from the US? That might make things more manageable generally. Just thinking out loud, so please feel free to tell me to shut up and/or sod off! :daumenhoch:

From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 10:37 AM »
I'm only able to come down on the Saturday this year but where else could I get a bite to eat and a few beers with my mates on a Saturday night for £25? Fook me, anyone not happy to pay such a small amount for such a load of effort really shouldn't come

I am very lucky to have been to MK in many different forms over the last decade and am really looking forward to having my kids and the missus with me this year so they get to see what I've been going on about all these years. If it continues in another form I hope to keep coming as it truly is THE highlight of the BMX calendar by miles :coolsmiley:

See you there :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2018, 10:59 AM »
I am ashamed to say I don't even know which of the forum members are responsible for putting it on. I know of 2 or 3 who have consistently been visible, but Im sure there are many working behind the scenes that help make it happen. For what its worth all of you guys deserve a medal. I have been every year for the last 6 years, and it is by far one of the highlights of my year. Further to that (And Im not sure you are aware), it is hands down the biggest old school BMX event around the world. I have been to a few in the USA, including the "Big" BMX Society show, and none of them come close. What you guys have created is truly special.

As far as passing the torch I fully appreciate that some things reach the end of their life span, and the work involved must be a tremendous effort. With that said, all of your effort is truly appreciated, and for every "piss taker" there are hundreds of us who truly value what you guys are doing. Hats off to all of you involved.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 02:31 PM »
I was at the very first one and looks like I'll be at the last one 😢.
Mk has always been the no1 meet up for us old bmx nutters and I for one will be sad to see it go.
Some great memories over the years I've had at that ole track and made some of the best mates I've ever had in my life 😎.
Its not all about the bikes for me its more a chance to get to see the lads I've known for years but only get to see at mk.that will be the bit I'll miss most if it does end.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 03:13 PM »
Although it may well be the last annual  :radbmxsmilie: event held at MK, what’s to say we can’t do something elsewhere? The first annual weekender wasn’t at MK, so there’s no reason why we can’t hold it elsewhere.  RAD has evolved over the years, with some of the original founders no longer involved and new people have stepped up throughout the years and done their bit. I’d like to think this will continue over the forthcoming years to keep RAD going strong for the next generation of radsters.I for one am determined to keep RAD and it’s annual weekender going strong, wherever it may be, and will gladly do whatever I can to make it happen. I’m sure there are others who feel the same.
As ever, keep it  :radbmxsmilie:  :smitten:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:42 PM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 03:15 PM »
I fooking despair I really do.

MK costs me hundreds of pounds every year, even with the financial contribution from RAD and Eds T shirt initiative. I do it because it's fun, you get to meet some interesting people and shake hands with friends you don't see any other time.

How is that not worth £25 quid for you and a tenner for your little'uns?   

Just fook off.  It's embarrassing.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 06:09 PM »
Give a fooking dog a bone :2funny:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2018, 03:37 PM »
In a nutshell, what Jon and Rob have said. MK's a frikkin amazing event, people are far more likely to be negative-nancies than positive, and there are a metric sh1t-ton of people who appreciate it being on. So many people behind the scenes that organise and help out, donate and so on - having been on this forum a while now I've seen many get fooked off with the amount of sh1t they take from people who don't appreciate what goes on in the background.

I've enjoyed a few MK's now (although works taken over me life at the mo), only ever had one sh1t experience there that lasted about 5 minutes (not being bumdered by Ed - that was lovely), I got to eat the burger of a mid-school hero of mine, get shuffle munsterered, look at some lovley bikes, chat sh1t and meet a lot of really v nice people. That and clear up everyones p1ss-filled beer bottles. I bloody love MK. I wish I could have been to more.
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Although it may well be the last annual  :radbmxsmilie: event held at MK, what’s to say we can’t do something elsewhere? The first annual weekender wasn’t at MK, so there’s no reason why we can’t hold it elsewhere.  RAD has evolved over the years, with some of the original founders no longer involved and new people have stepped up throughout the years and done their bit. I’d like to think this will continue over the forthcoming years to keep RAD going strong for the next generation of radsters.I for one am determined to keep RAD and it’s annual weekender going strong, wherever it may be, and will gladly do whatever I can to make it happen. I’m sure there are others who feel the same.
As ever, keep it  :radbmxsmilie:  :smitten:

Well said Andy .. totally agree with all you’ve written.
I absolutely love MK but I would happily like to put myself forward to contribute in anyway big or small to ensure that a amazing RAD event would continue in some shape or form.
I don’t think those of us on the outside can truly comprehend the complexity of putting on such an event as MK.
Whovever or whatever comes next has got to match a very high bar set by Nick, Rich, Bob, Griff et al.
I’m sure I speak for many when I say a massive heartfelt thank you for all your time and efforts for this and all the previous MKs I’ve had the privilege of attending.
Let’s all make MK18 one to remember!  :4_17_5:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2018, 09:45 PM »
Why's Bob coming again ???

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Might have to pop down on Sunday  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Why's Bob coming again ???

Sharpie must be launching a new range to promote.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Gonna get him to sign your hairy ass then...

WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Miley

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Put the price up!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  LAST EVER MK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx