gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 08:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Q&A's and Advice
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK Q&A's and Advice  (Read 10465 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
MK Q&A's and Advice
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:23 PM »
All you need to know about MK from previous years is all right here on the forum, but it will probably need some searching to find it, so I thought that I'd start this thread, so that any MK virgins or amateurs can ask any questions that myself and any other MK experienced members can answer.

Obviously, anything regarding the organisation of the event and what's going on there will need to be answered by the RADmins, but myself and the rest of the lads who've attended several, can offer a bit of guidance and insight into what to expect at the UK's (if not the world's) best BMX weekend.

Fire away lads.  :radbmxsmilie:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:53 PM by Retrodan72 »

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline anthony

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: MK Q&A's.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 01:06 PM »
I assume there's some sort of market section, with bikes and parts for sale? Any trade stands from shops or manufacturers?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 01:22 PM »
There will be plenty of bits, bobs and bikes for sale Anthony. The normal and popular choice is people that are camping laying out their stuff on a table, tarp or sheet, there will be some very good deals about. Bikes will be for sale too usually on a stand with a sale board/sign on.

Unfortunately, you've missed the glory days of Shiners and JT Smooth selling a huge amount of great OG NOS items, Shiners haven't been about for a few years and JT Smooth isn't attending this year, which is a shame.

Don't despair though, although I'm not in a position to confirm this, Alan's and Vertego have both been there over the last few years, so there's chance that they may be present at MK18. Don't expect too many bargains from Vertego (if he's there).

Offline dp and chopper dude

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 02:01 PM »
More of a tip than a question:

Take baby wipes! Probably more than one packet if you drop a packet in the portaloo when wiping yourself with a hangover.
You can't beat the feeling of a lemon fresh undercarriage after the excitement and heat of a few hours at MK. Plus it keeps your trainers all nice and clean (Probably use separate wipes!)  :daumenhoch:

Also, tidy up your rubbish!

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 02:50 PM »
And Boyds Bikes is there this year selling bike parts new ansd used for your delight

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 02:54 PM »
More of a tip than a question:

Take baby wipes! Probably more than one packet if you drop a packet in the portaloo when wiping yourself with a hangover.
You can't beat the feeling of a lemon fresh undercarriage after the excitement and heat of a few hours at MK. Plus it keeps your trainers all nice and clean (Probably use separate wipes!)  :daumenhoch:

Also, tidy up your rubbish!

Good tips there's Paul.

Thread title edited.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: MK Q&A's and Advice
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 03:23 PM »
Yep, baby wipes will save your life :LolLolLolLol:

Oh and headache tablets. Lots of them after you've been to the Dog & Duck!

Take a bike you can actually ride around on and not all carpet queens. Give the track a go, and if you're brave come and try the ramps, there will be plenty of us about to give a bit of advice

Don't get too pissed on Saturday and miss the lake ride. Then get really pissed but watch out for the breakdancing

Pick up your litter

Be chilled and relax. Ask questions. Start conversations as we're out from behind keyboards so get involved.

If there are any famous faces from back in the day about, say hello and treat them like normal human beings ;D

Thank the mods for giving up so much of their time to sort this awesome weekend out whenever you see them

And above all, enjoy yourselves :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Sorry I forgot.

Don't twist the NOS grips on the show bikes in the tents.....  fistblump explosion
Still limping......

Offline ammacopij72

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Don forget to bring your booze donation to put behind the bar in the D&D!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Be excellent to each other
we are friends
we will not tolerate any shitty behaviour but we will tolerate drunk behaviour as long as its not shitty 
and above all enjoy it and say hello to everyone

griff

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Any advice Dan on what to do if you get lost on way back to the hotel and haven't got any bog roll? :teef:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Any advice Dan on what to do if you get lost on way back to the hotel and haven't got any bog roll? :teef:

Yes, just sh!t on a roundabout, like we did back in Nam, use your boxers to wipe your arse, then discard in an adjacent bush. Then, when you've absolutely lost your bearings and have no idea where the hotel is, pray that Mattdub spots you from the other side of the road waving you on the right direction.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 08:02 PM »
If your gazebo gets wrecked by the wind, or god help you it fires itself through a top sports car window!, please don’t just dump it. There will be a skip, please put your doomed shit in the skip and not leave it there for the mods/admin to pick it up!

Be kind to the admin team. They work their arse off, please don’t take the piss!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 08:08 PM »
I got one. Don’t piss up the side of my car you fooking mongrels  :LolLolLolLol:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 09:45 PM »
I got one. Don’t piss up the side of my car you fooking mongrels  :LolLolLolLol:
[/

If you tell me what your registration is I’ll check nobody does............

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 10:20 PM »
[/

If you tell me what your registration is I’ll check nobody does............

:LolLolLolLol:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline dp and chopper dude

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 10:36 PM »

Wasn’t that you piddling up your own car?

Offline cheeta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 10:43 PM »
Dont pass out blind drunk next to a wheelbarrow

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2018, 11:54 AM »
I would add, don't get too pissed that you wake up on Sunday afternoon and miss out on a whole day of radness

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2018, 12:02 PM »
Take a cool box and buy ice from Tesco (1/4 mile away) and stock up on beers/softies at your car/van/tent and chill out.

If you have a question about a bike, ask...……. We don't do knowledge is power. In fact most people won't shut up about their bikes!

As stated, please don't twist grips or squeeze brake levers as it does piss some people off!

If you have little kids or dogs or both PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep them away from the rows of beautiful bikes. Watching a domino rally of prides and joys is an awful thing to watch, even worse, to hear!

A big one DO NOT take your bike into the show tent when you are looking at the bikes. There isn't enough room at the best of times, but to unecessarily drag your bike around, with the chance of catching the chrome or powder of a show bike with your pedal or pegs is completely avaiodable. IT HAS BEEN DONE! Nobody will nick your bike if you leave it outside the marquee.

SHOW RESPECT FOR THE ORGANISERS AND EXHIBITS!!!!

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 06:09 PM »
Any news on when Gary Wilmots due to arrive?  :D ;D
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 07:35 PM »

He never replied to my email.

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 10:30 PM »

He never replied to my email.
Gutted  ;D
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Danielnotc

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 06:42 AM »
New to MK

Is there somewhere safe to put bikes we have brought with us and leave them all day ?

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 07:26 AM »
New to MK

Is there somewhere safe to put bikes we have brought with us and leave them all day ?

Your bikes are your responsibility. During the Saturday apart from Animals survivor competition there is no formal display. It is up to you to know where your bike is. Most leave them outside their tents on display to the folk who wander round. The Sunday is the formal Show and Shine where bikes are displayed in the marquee. This gets full pretty quick so the overflow are displayed in the surrounding area. Please note: it is still your responsibility to ensure your bike is safe not ours! If you are displaying YOU MUST BRING A STAND. No stand no show!

I have only ever known  one bike be ‘stolen’ and the next day it was mysteriously found where the drunken victim had left it!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Q&A's and Advice

gfxgfx
gfx gfx