gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 04:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A TRUE SURVIVOR
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A TRUE SURVIVOR  (Read 2340 times)

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
A TRUE SURVIVOR
« on: July 01, 2018, 08:19 PM »
Hey guys, this FALCON PRO MX-20 is my latest addition to the BMX family. I have been looking for a true survivor bike for a while now and when this came up I had to have it!
I know it's only entry level and would have been sold along side BURNERS at Halfords but this bike has never been ridden sinse new.
After speaking to the previous owner the story goes that his dad bought the bike in mid to late 80s (probably on sale) brought it home saying it was for future grandchildren and put it up in loft where it was forgot about and has stayed up there till 3 weeks ago!
It really is a true unused survivor complete with its made in Taiwan sticker!
The pedals, grips, brakes and saddle are still like new, tyres bit perished but hoping I can save em. Pad set could do with a soak and the crank is pitted. There are a few storage marks here and there plus no dam reflectors!
Plan is to strip it down over winter, clean grease and rebuild ready for next season. I think I will ride it on select weather days as seems a shame for it not to ever try a bit of tar mac in its life.
I'm happy to pass on the number of the delivery company I used as they were spot on, this bike was in Scotland and I'm in Gloucestershire so It wasn't gonna be a cash on collection sale! But they didn't need the bike to be boxed just bit of bubble where needed so it stayed complete and didnt go through any rough parcel depots which it would with one of the normal parcel company's. Cheers!

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: A TRUE SURVIVOR
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:41 PM »
Looks real nice that Jase 👍🏼
It comes out of the ground!

griff

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:12 PM »
Great to see stuff like this turn up!

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 05:53 PM »
Very cool  :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A TRUE SURVIVOR

gfxgfx
gfx gfx