gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 09:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  FOXBAT FREESTYLER INFO??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FOXBAT FREESTYLER INFO??  (Read 20200 times)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
FOXBAT FREESTYLER INFO??
« on: July 15, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Does anyone have any info regarding the Foxbat Freestyler?? A mate had one as a kid....I think it may have been a catalogue complete. Was it made by MT Racing? the decals kinda look the same as the MT Fox range...and the headtube decals look the same as the Fox4 styler?
I have also seen others with the Tensor name associated with them...I was just wondering what the deal was? I kinda like the look of the frameset....Aero tubing...all Chromo....welds don't look bad although never seen one up close.....Anyone know what they ride like? apart from the Aero tubing ( Tange) just looks like a fairly generic Haro ~gen 1 copy to me..... :-\
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: FOXBAT FREESTYLER INFO??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 04:57 PM »
there's a guy on ebay had one on there for sale for ever for £495 no takers they are very small framed and angle wise came with sumo 7x rims and generic parts and some crazy looking pedals lol they are well made nice welds etc and light but not the best to ride? they were only made and distributed by Tensor through mail order,there are a few threads on here from ages ago  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 05:05 PM »
there's a guy on ebay had one on there for sale for ever for £495 no takers they are very small framed and angle wise came with sumo 7x rims and generic parts and some crazy looking pedals lol they are well made nice welds etc and light but not the best to ride? they were only made and distributed by Tensor through mail order,there are a few threads on here from ages ago  :daumenhoch:

Was it Red Carl? There was one for sale on FB recently, I’ll look for it now

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 05:13 PM »

Yea, saw that Carl.....kinda fancied it and was working in Liverpool at the weekend....hence the post. Did look kinda short :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline dp and chopper dude

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 02:14 PM »
I've always fancied a Foxbat from whaen I saw the advert as a kid:

A lot of people thought they were MT but from the advert they are Tensor. I saw a frame & forks at MK a couple of years ago and it was really light. No idea what they ride like though. I think Jono built one at one point.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 11:48 AM »
Foxbat Aero's were made by Tensor Not MT racing or Fox Factor.

Someone asked Del do of some fox factor style decals for a foxbat aero a few years back as the decals on the Tensor Foxbat Aero were garbage & ever since then everyone has copied the idea as they look good but are totally incorrect for the frame ...

Similar to the Falcon prostlyter delcals that look like Vector Decals & the Aero reflex delcals that everyone uses .

(Same scenario), Del made some Vector style decals for them for one guy & everyone likes them & bought them instead of the originals .

Ive built one they feel really short , i'm only 5'9-5'10 & i couldn't ride it comfortably although i loved the look for the bike when it was finished.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 11:57 AM »
stick a pic of your foxbat up fella  :daumenhoch:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 06:38 PM »
stick a pic of your foxbat up fella  :daumenhoch:

It's the only bloody bike i don't have a picture of as i lost my Goddammmmmm  >:( phone ...

It was a classic Chrome & Black combo, DC seat clamp

black:  tuffs / comp 3's  /suntour stem  /kashimax  / lp440  mx 1000's & tech 3's  / Shimano DX / Ame rounds / Sugino 44t

Chrome / Tuf neck power disc / Tioga Task force crank  / & I'd  put some Chrome CW pro bars on it as the frame was so small the bars needed to be big...   Gutted i dont even  have 1 image ....

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 09:54 PM »
I've got one of these Aero fox bat things, whats the delcals look like? Anyone got any pics? ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  FOXBAT FREESTYLER INFO??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx