gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 04:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro HPF Tyres cracked
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro HPF Tyres cracked  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Keepad

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Haro HPF Tyres cracked
« on: July 18, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Hi All

So i am new here and i have a  85 Haro sport survivor, I have  noticed my Haro  1.75 HPF tyres have dried and cracked side walls which is of no surprise due to age.
My  big question is can they be saved ?

I still ride my survivor so atm i plan to swap the tyres out for Haro HPF repros from Alans, i will be at MK18 so any advice on my Haro would be welcome along with any banter.

Point to self-- always extend my login time so i don't have to type this out 20 times.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Haro HPF Tyres cracked
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Dispite what you may read on the net once rubber is gone there is no getting it back because of the vulcanisation process.
You can clean it and to some degree "nurish" it but if its cracking there is no getting rid of the cracks.
They tend to wear alot quicker when dry so even if its ridable you wont get much life out of it.

Great for a carpet queen but if you want to ride just pick up some repro tyres that wont let you down  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Keepad

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Cheers mate thanks for the reply, i  now have the new repo tyres and replacing the original  white DIA Comp  brake blocks  ready for Mk.

griff

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 02:10 PM »
don't chuck em out though - you'd be surprised how many people want to buy scabby old knackered tyres

Offline Keepad

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 12:05 PM »
Don't worry i have them set aside, i am not sure how much they are worth but i guess they would be  tricky to find for an over 30 year old set of tyres.

Online deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 09:38 PM »
Don't worry i have them set aside, i am not sure how much they are worth but i guess they would be  tricky to find for an over 30 year old set of tyres.

i recently paid 30 notes for a set in similar condition by sounds of it!
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro HPF Tyres cracked

gfxgfx
gfx gfx