gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 10:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone have any OG CW Expert bars?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone have any OG CW Expert bars?  (Read 987 times)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Anyone have any OG CW Expert bars?
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Got an ongoing issue with the biggest clown I've ever come across on eBay. Does anyone have an OG set of CW Expert bars that they wouldn't mind taking a measurement off for me please? I know what they are supposed to be according to the ads, but we all know that 80's BMX weren't always made to be mm perfect.

Cheers boys and girls
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone have any OG CW Expert bars?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Got an ongoing issue with the biggest clown I've ever come across on eBay. Does anyone have an OG set of CW Expert bars that they wouldn't mind taking a measurement off for me please? I know what they are supposed to be according to the ads, but we all know that 80's BMX weren't always made to be mm perfect.

Cheers boys and girls

Marky, i'm taking a set to MK to sell. I loved my CW's back in the day, rode with them a lot. I'll get some measurements if you want?

Offline Cherrypicker

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 10:59 PM »
Bang on 25” length mine and 7” rise on centre.
HIT ME UP IF YOU GOT A TEAM PRODUCTS LEVER (RIGHT) TO SELL

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 08:39 AM »
Thanks a lot for that guys.

This may seem like a stupid question, but is this typically how the rise is measured (i.e centre of stem tube to underside of upper tube rather than centre to centre?)

As an Engineer I would always measure centre to centre but then this would put the rise at around 7.5" judging by your tape in the second photo (which matches what I have exactly).
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Cherrypicker

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:35 PM »
I think the correct way is centre to centre. But if you look online, some are measuring as we have and some are putting the bars on a flat surface and measuring to the outermost tip of the grip position. Others are measuring to the highest point of the bars. I have a few sets of genuine bars (taken off CW completes anyway) and they comply if I measure as I have. I’ve got Pro, Expert (standard) and cruiser bars here.
HIT ME UP IF YOU GOT A TEAM PRODUCTS LEVER (RIGHT) TO SELL

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone have any OG CW Expert bars?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx