gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 11:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Raleigh burner/styler
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Raleigh burner/styler  (Read 3945 times)

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Raleigh burner/styler
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:44 PM »
I was looking for something to tinker with as project, but it had to be cheap as I’m skint. A Raleigh came up locally on eBay, turned out the seller was a mile away from me. A deal was done and I came home with this Raleigh something or other, defo a burner or styler from the mid to late 80s but not sure what it started out life as.

First thing I did was junk the big leather gimp seat and fit a red one that was in the loft. Also I pulled the horrible chain ring off and fitted a Sugino one that was also in the loft with all my spares.

I’m a bit unsure what to do with it, wether to fit a few more bits and ride it, or whether to strip it down and get it powder coated and make it mint.

In2bmx

Re: Raleigh burner/styler
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Nice to have something to tinker with .

Leave it and ride it Steve  :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Change the bars and brakes,clean it up and ride it  :daumenhoch:

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 06:12 PM »

Yep those angled bars are awful, I’ll look for some new ones. I have some green tuffs spare so I put those on. I’m going to go white and green. I’ll get some new brakes, and then get green grips and seat, get some stickers and pads then all sorted and it should be a very cheap build.

Here’s the latest pic with green wheels.

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 06:13 PM »

Yep those angled bars are awful, I’ll look for some new ones. I have some green tuffs spare so I put those on. I’m going to go white and green. I’ll get some new brakes, and then get green grips and seat, get some stickers and pads then all sorted and it should be a very cheap build.

Here’s the latest pic with green wheels.

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Slowly finding some bits for this. Green Ame grips were found in minutes. I had real trouble finding a green seat, must be a world shortage, couldn’t find a single one in the uk on eBay. Cheers to Lee on Facebook who sorted me out with a nice green dominator. I’ve had some custom green decals made up which are ready to go on. Main things to tackle next are the brakes, again not a lot of choice in green. Also need to find some better bars. Need to keep going with this so it’s ready for MK.

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 06:23 AM »
looking good!

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Since I last posted I have been trying to decide if I should leave the frame in survivor condition or get it powdered. I decided to leave it as it is. Just put the new decals on it, which I had custom made, they look ace as usual. I had only half fitted the grips, so they’ve gone back in the box till I find some new bars. I’m happy with how it’s coming along. I think I might go for black brakes, not totally sure.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 04:40 PM »
No no no Steve, burn it now!  ;)

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 09:10 PM »
No no no Steve, burn it now!  ;)

I won’t be burning this one Rob, but funnily enough I have a plan to set fire to a Bmx and ride it while it’s on fire, more on that another day, hopefully this will be done to use as my MK rider.

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 06:47 PM »
I bought some pedals and a chain at the last minute, raided my parts for spare brakes and got this together just in time for MK as my rider. Still need to change a few bits and possibly get a custom pad set made.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Raleigh burner/styler

gfxgfx
gfx gfx