gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 02:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The “Emotional One”... NOW FINISHED (pic heavy)1983 Raleigh Burner GS (Phase 1)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The “Emotional One”... NOW FINISHED (pic heavy)1983 Raleigh Burner GS (Phase 1)  (Read 7679 times)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
What a fantastic thread and awesome build  explosion

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Ant, it was the BOTS for me along with Paul’s (dp and anal dude) DP. I learned a lot more about the build too off Andy. It’s amazing how you 2 are such great pals and also have the same ethos and attention to your builds.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Great story and a sweet! build that fella  :daumenhoch:

PS...What size is that Bmx Top it looks super tiny  :D

I know! Lol .. they’re rare as hens teeth! It was the  biggest size I could find... think it’s for a new born baby!  :2funny:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Wow what a build and post! well done it looks spot on. Go on take it back to your old street and re-create that old photo??? Its all about he memories and emotions.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Stunner

End of
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline PHIL9HUF

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
As ever Ant an ace story to go with a cracking build  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Ant with no facial hair!

Top bombing Ant; great story and a cracking build  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Love it when a plan comes together !  :Great_Britain: :daumenhoch:

Offline gaf16

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Brilliant thread and the bit about your Dad really touched me.
There are different ways to value things in life and recreating something that meant the world to you as a kid helps you to understand that.
We all love the rare and exotic bikes we lusted after as early 80's kids and still recall easily the envy we had for other peoples rides.
I've built bikes over the years that were out of my parents financial reach and also some of my later better bikes which are more sought after these days.
However, the Akisu I recently completed holds a more special place in my heart than any of them.
It wasn't even the bike we went to buy (DP Firebird which was sold out) but, the memory of seeing the Akisu built up and leaning against my parents dining room wall on Christmas morning 1982 is still so vivid and makes me so happy every time I think about it.
My Dad is 86 now and when I showed him the completed build it moved him to tears.
It is not easy to recreate memories and feelings long since past.
But one of the greatest things about the old school BMX scene is that it offers you an opportunity to do exactly that.
Brilliant build mate and the attention to detail is really something.
You should be very proud as I'm absolutely sure your late Father would be!! :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Brilliant thread and the bit about your Dad really touched me.
There are different ways to value things in life and recreating something that meant the world to you as a kid helps you to understand that.
We all love the rare and exotic bikes we lusted after as early 80's kids and still recall easily the envy we had for other peoples rides.
I've built bikes over the years that were out of my parents financial reach and also some of my later better bikes which are more sought after these days.
However, the Akisu I recently completed holds a more special place in my heart than any of them.
It wasn't even the bike we went to buy (DP Firebird which was sold out) but, the memory of seeing the Akisu built up and leaning against my parents dining room wall on Christmas morning 1982 is still so vivid and makes me so happy every time I think about it.
My Dad is 86 now and when I showed him the completed build it moved him to tears.
It is not easy to recreate memories and feelings long since past.
But one of the greatest things about the old school BMX scene is that it offers you an opportunity to do exactly that.
Brilliant build mate and the attention to detail is really something.
You should be very proud as I'm absolutely sure your late Father would be!! :daumenhoch:

Thanks mate, and thanks for sharing ... it’s so much more this hobby than just “kids bikes”...
It’s that emotion that you speak of that is priceless mate  8)
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The “Emotional One”... NOW FINISHED (pic heavy)1983 Raleigh Burner GS (Phase 1)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx