gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 10:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Last ever MK?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Last ever MK?  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: Last ever MK?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 09:01 PM »
I might be a lone voice on this one but I think the Dog n Duck needs to go

Yep

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 09:26 PM »
As much as I love the dog and duck and the atmosphere I do feel it has almost become the main event at MK
I'm no racer but I do think it's a shame the track isn't used more. I think, if a new venue is found, a track is vital to the event. Even if it just acts as a backdrop to the weekend, it's makes everything feel more bmx'y.

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 06:26 AM »
I hear you

With that amount of people you need to entertain

For me the main part was Friday night chilled with Bob

We had no choice to have it that weekend without MK BMX club or not have the event at all, which was a real shame

All is good, loved the whole weekend

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2018, 09:41 AM »
For me the track is still important whether there's racing or not. I haven't personally used it for the last few years but every time I looked at the track over the weekend somebody was rolling round enjoying it. I think it's a good reminder of why we are all there in the first place... BMX  8)  Well I should clarify.... it's why the core of people are there - which brings me on nicely to.....

Does it really need a bigger venue ? Personally I say make it smaller. It's not the quantity of people it's the quality of people. Close the rear field, limit the tickets and only let the cool kids in  :coolsmiley:

:radbmxsmilie:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Clean

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2018, 12:52 PM »
For me the track is still important whether there's racing or not. I haven't personally used it for the last few years but every time I looked at the track over the weekend somebody was rolling round enjoying it. I think it's a good reminder of why we are all there in the first place... BMX  8)  Well I should clarify.... it's why the core of people are there - which brings me on nicely to.....

Does it really need a bigger venue ? Personally I say make it smaller. It's not the quantity of people it's the quality of people. Close the rear field, limit the tickets and only let the cool kids in  :coolsmiley:

:daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 01:14 PM »

I’d love a stripped back version like the the first one I’d been to.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2018, 03:03 PM »

This. Make it a forum only event?
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 05:49 PM »

This. Make it a forum only event?

I agree.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2018, 08:00 PM »
Have to admit, us site tidiers had a cheeky few rags round the track before we left. Proper enjoyed it!

Still a freestyler though  :slayer:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Last ever MK?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx