gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 11:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay awash with Aero Pro 35th edition's wtf!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ebay awash with Aero Pro 35th edition's wtf!  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Ebay awash with Aero Pro 35th edition's wtf!
« on: September 26, 2018, 01:23 PM »
So whats the story with these? are they actually any good? How much were they to buy in the first place?

It crack's me up to see all the die hard raleigh fan's out there who are so desperate to get one of these purely with the intention to chuck it on ebay to try and cash in and make a quick buck! f**Kin shamless!  :idiot2:

Offline Jon1971

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Ebay awash with Aero Pro 35th edition's wtf!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 02:32 PM »
Disgraceful . I’d rather have an original.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:18 PM »
The chrome ones that came out today were £600 delivered so that's a nice quick £600 profit for most of them, less the eBay fees....... :wtf:

TBH it looks pretty tidy from the pics - just buy a proper set of Weinmann adjusters and who'd know from a distace ???
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:21 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:48 PM »
From all the hype surrounding these today, I’m guessing that a big percentage of these were bought with intention to flip, it’s what happened with the TAP’s. But, like the TAP’s and the greedy coonts that were flipping them for double, realization will set in and it will soon become clear that there aren’t as many dumb fookers out there willing to pay over the odds for one of these. The prices will soon fall, probably not to the £600, but certainly a distance from the ridiculously greedy £1400 that some thruster is asking as I type this.

I built an ‘83 Tange AP with Pro Class rims and OG Suntour, Sugino and Tange parts for just over £800, I don’t like using the term ‘no brainer’, but it is.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 08:12 PM »
Totally agree Dan ... my Factory Spec AP cost me around £900 and is a thing of beauty..
Why would you pay £1000 for “Repop Muck” ?
I hate these things flooding the market and killing the real OS Scene ...
I disagree with those that say they keep OG prices high ... No they lower and devalue OG parts in my book ...
I’d always rather by a part that hasn’t been reopoped than one that has ...
Repop has its place but this isn’t it  :knuppel2:

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Clean

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 08:49 PM »
My factory spec Chrome AP - being assembled in Spring of next year, just in time for Chester - is a stacked chock full of minty chumbawhumba mintolabra, and will come in at around £1k.

And the hunt for parts is half the fun, right?

As my dear friend with the face like a plasterer’s radio says, it’s a

‘no brainer’

:daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 09:35 PM »
There's a proper 80s Aero pro on ebay aswell priced at £4.5k but I think the seller has just chucked that price on to say to the knob heads this is what you should be buying lol as his stuff is normally good and realistically  priced  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:12 PM »
Mugs

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 07:20 PM »
There's a proper 80s Aero pro on ebay aswell priced at £4.5k but I think the seller has just chucked that price on to say to the knob heads this is what you should be buying lol as his stuff is normally good and realistically  priced  :daumenhoch:
Hes dropped to 1750 now, still too much IMO.

Offline cheeta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 07:59 PM »
are they selling on ebay though? two have only been sold according to ebay £1200 but it just says This listing has ended.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Chrome-Aero-Pro-Burner-35th-Anniversary/142952677000?hash=item2148a4be88:g:7N4AAOSw~LBbqxOl

one sold for £850  apprently

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Chrome-Aero-Pro-Burner-35th-anniversary-Limited-run-of-550-Worldwide/302898824892?hash=item46862d46bc:g:BmcAAOSwgGBbq1CU

a quick fees calculator shows the £850
EBAY FEE: £ 86.5
PAYPAL FEE: £ 29.61
TOTAL PROFIT: £ 133.89

not bad if you could shift one without ebay and paypal but is it worth the hassle to flip and you could end up selling to a scammer

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 08:34 PM »
My Aero Pro spec is a bit off the mark. Perhaps I should have gone factory spec😀
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay awash with Aero Pro 35th edition's wtf!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx